Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
Will Tiger Woods make the cut?
Don't be silly. Of course Tiger Woods will make the cut at the 2012 PLAYERS Championship.
But every year there are big name players who miss the cut.
Here are five players who could be in danger packing up their bags after Friday's round.
1. Rickie Fowler: Fowler is coming off a 10th-place finish at the Zurich Classic in New Orleans, but his inconsistent play has kept him out of the top-25 in all but two tournaments this year. Fowler has missed two cuts in 11 events this year and he will have to play well to avoid the cut against an exceptional field at THE PLAYERS.
2. Stewart Cink: Cink has only finished six of the ten tournaments he has entered in 2012 with three missed cuts and a W/D. Cink, No. 129 in FedExCup points, is off to uncharacteristically poor start this season.
3. Ricky Barnes: Barnes has not cracked the top-40 in a tournament outside of his third-place finish at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am in February and he has been cut in three of the last five tournaments he has entered.
4. Lucas Glover: Glover has been plagued by a knee injury that kept him out for the first two months of the season and it has been slow going since he's returned. Glover has a T82, 69th and T66 to go along with a pair of missed cuts in the five tournaments he has entered so far in 2012.
5. Camillo Villegas: Villegas, famous for his spider-man stance for reading putts, has not been reading them well enough in 2012 with four missed cuts and a W/D in ten events. Villegas is coming off of his best finish of the season, T18, at the Zurich Classic and he will have to continue to build on his performance in New Orleans to avoid being sent home for the weekend.