2012 Royal Rumble: Predictions You Can Take to the Bank
It's been a while since I wrote a wrestling article, but I'm finally back with my predictions for the Royal Rumble pay-per-view happening this Sunday.
As one of the most unpredictable events of the year, trying to predict what will happen at the show can be tenuous at best. Sure the individual matches are the easiest, but the Royal Rumble match itself throws everything at anyone trying to predict the show.
That being said, here's my opinion on what will happen this Sunday.
John Cena vs. Kane
Result: Cena wins
This match will be anywhere from 10-15 minutes long, and most of it will be a big offense-fest for Cena. Kane will have his moments, but Cena will be kept strong until Wrestlemania, and he will have a big win against Kane this Sunday.
The only way Kane wins this match is if the Rock makes a surprise appearance.
CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler
Result: Punk wins
I don't know how Punk will escape with the WWE Championship; I just know that he will. My best bet is that at some point during the match, special guest referee John Laurinaitus will be knocked out and a regular ref will take over. That's when Punk will take advantage.
I expect this match to be at least half an hour, possibly even longer, and it will be the match of the night.
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry (Steel Cage Match)
Result: Bryan wins
Daniel Bryan is finding his way as World Heavyweight Champion, and as the only person in this match with a good opponent for a title match waiting for him at Wrestlemania, expect him to find a way to escape with the title.
Royal Rumble Highlights
I'm not going to go entrant by entrant explaining what happen, but here are some highlights that I think will or should happen.
- Triple H and Undertaker will return
- Hunter will eliminate 'Taker, starting the feud for the Wrestlemania rematch
- Mick Foley will eliminate Dolph Ziggler, setting up another 'Mania match
- Brodus Clay will eliminate at least five other superstars
- R-Truth and The Miz will eliminate each other
- Goldust will eliminate Cody Rhodes
- Christian will return, but will get eliminated quickly
Final 5: Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, Mick Foley
This final five will accomplish a lot for the WWE. It will keep Barrett strong, it has a possible Wrestlemania match in it and the two superstars that will be in the World and WWE Title Matches at 'Mania.
Here's how it will go down:
- Barrett and Ziggler will team up and go after Foley
- Orton quickly comes to Foley's aid
- Jericho does nothing and stays fresh
- Out of nowhere, Foley escapes an elimination attempt while on the apron and sends Ziggler of the top rope and onto the floor
- Ziggler, fuming over his elimination, tries to bring Foley with him by grabbing his leg as the refs try to pull Ziggler away
- Barrett realizes that Foley's attention is on Ziggler and eliminates Foley
- Orton then quickly eliminates Barrett, taking out his biggest rival
Final 2: Randy Orton and Chris Jericho
I'm 99.9 percent sure that these two men will be the last two men in the ring. I can also assure you that Chris Jericho will be the winner. It could happen in any number of ways, but Jericho will will eliminate Orton.
Maybe it happens cleanly, but I'm more inclined to believe Jericho will use some nefarious tactics. We could even possibly see the "she" that was mentioned in Jericho's return videos help him win.
This will lead to Jericho vs. CM Punk for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania, while Orton will punch his ticket at Elimination Chamber and go on to face Daniel Bryan at the Biggest Stage of Them All.