It has been nearly three decades since Dan Marino set the single-season passing yardage record (5,084 yards).
Before the season began, I thought I made a "bold" prediction that San Diego's Philip Rivers would break Marino's record. While Rivers is "on track," there are a total of four other quarterbacks who are on pace for 5,500 yards or more.
In Marino's record-breaking season, he threw for 545 yards in his first two games—there are 13 quarterbacks who have thrown for more through two weeks.
Here are our top 30 fantasy quarterbacks for Week 3:
1. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers (vs. KC): While Rivers has put up solid fantasy numbers, turnovers have slowed the Chargers' offense.
In Week 3, it just might all come together for Rivers and the Chargers as they face the Chiefs, who have allowed a league-high in points (89) and passing touchdowns (eight).
Only two other teams have allowed more than four passing touchdowns.
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots (at BUF): Brady has thrown for nearly 1,000 yards in two games. Considering he had only one 400-yard game in his career entering 2011, he's due for an off-week (based on Brady's standard), right?
3. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (at CHI): Rodgers is a model of consistency. He's averaging 310 yards per game, completing more than 70 percent of his passes and he's thrown five touchdowns to no interceptions.
Will Vick be a little more conservative when it comes to running the ball this week, though?
But believe it or not, the Texans' defense has allowed league-lows in points (10.0 per game), total yards (271.0 per game) and passing yards (162.5 per game).
Only the Jaguars have had a greater proportion of their plays being running plays.
Against a tougher opponent this week, I expect Schaub to throw more often.
7. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions (at MIN): While fantasy owners may be (or have been) concerned about Stafford's ability to stay healthy, it helps when you're the only starting quarterback who has yet to be sacked.
Stafford is tied for the NFL lead in touchdown passes (seven), four of which have been thrown to Calvin Johnson.
Not only will he be playing with a cracked rib and a punctured lung, but the Cowboys will also be without Miles Austin, and Dez Bryant has not practiced as of Thursday.
In addition, we may not know Bryant's status until game time (Monday night).
Of the teams Ryan has faced at least twice in his career, the Bucs are the only team against which Ryan has thrown more interceptions (eight) than touchdowns (five).
10. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers (vs. JAC): In addition to throwing for 400-plus yards in back-to-back games, Newton has also rushed for a touchdown in each game. He does it all and will face the defense that allowed the fifth-most passing yards last season.
The rest of our top 30 fantasy quarterbacks for Week 3:
11. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers (at IND):
12. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills (vs. NE)
13. Kevin Kolb, Arizona Cardinals (at SEA)
14. Rex Grossman, Washington Redskins (at DAL)
15. Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (vs. ATL)
16. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens (at STL)
17. Matt Hasselbeck, Tennessee Titans (vs. DEN)
18. Kyle Orton, Denver Broncos (at TEN)
19. Eli Manning, New York Giants (at PHI)
20. Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams (vs. BAL)
21. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets (at OAK)
22. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals (vs. SF)
23. Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins (at CLE)
24. Colt McCoy, Cleveland Browns (vs. MIA)
25. Donovan McNabb, Minnesota Vikings (vs. DET)
26. Jason Campbell, Oakland Raiders (vs. NYJ)
27. Kerry Collins, Indianapolis Colts (vs. PIT)
28. Blaine Gabbert, Jacksonville Jaguars (at CAR)
29. Tarvaris Jackson, Seattle Seahawks (vs. ARI)
30. Alex Smith, San Francisco 49ers (at CIN)
For more Week 3 rankings, click here for rankings on other positions.
To keep track of all of our updates, "like" us on Facebook.
If you have specific lineup questions, need a second opinion on a trade proposal, etc., feel free to post your question in our free fantasy football forum.
Good luck in your Week 3 matchup(s)!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!