If anyone can name the guy behind Nnmadi in the picture, they're the most hardcore, die-hard, extreme Raider Nation member ever.
All kidding aside;
There's just a couple of things I want to point out about the off-season as of today, three months into it. Not a lot to review, mind you, but here's some spontaneous thoughts of mine on the Oakland Raiders:
1. Tom Cable is still the head coach, err, yeah...not that it was ever official. Or was it? I believe Adam Scheftler has reported back in the day---but to be honest, is that man ever right when it comes to our team? So, great news! Because I wasn't looking forward at all to a new system. Than again, maybe Hue Jackson was brought in to succeed him? Stay tuned.
2. Hue Jackson is brought on to improve Tom Cable's awful play calling, and hopefully mentor our young quarterbacks. Yes, an actual Offensive Coordinator! We've been needing one of those. His track records with Joe Flacco and Carson Palmer make him a promising hire. Wonder who'll he be really working hands on with, Gradkowski or Russell? Which leads me to my next point...
3. Civil War has broken out through Raider Nation here on Bleacher Report. Yeah, I get it. Bruce Gradkowski supporters, JaMarcus Russell believers. It's almost as, by default, if you like one than you hate the other. This has become so bad, that everything from fandom to racism, plagiarism too, has come into question.
It doesn't look like its going to stop anytime soon either. Truly, nothing is more overused at the moment than articles concerning the two quarterbacks. Very boring.
I think the problem would just go away, a little, if more writers chose not to feature the topics. Course that ain't going to happen. So, enjoy the senseless debating rants people.
4. Justin Fargas leaves Oakland. Which has made many of fans sad over the loss. You never like seeing a veteran leave, but that's how business works. Funny how San Diego also didn't think twice about shipping their, "legend", to New Jersey.
5. Al Davis gets rid of the trash, and dumps the dead weight by releasing such players as Javon Walker, Cornell Green, Gerald Warren, and even Greg Ellis. But I'll stick up for Ellis, in the fact that he was a good player. Still, the other three needed their walking papers.
6. Kamerion Wimbley comes from Cleveland to the Raiders and is filling some desperate space Oakland has at the linebacker position. With 26 sacks in his career, let's hope he can get better here than he was there.
7. Terrell Owens rumors to wearing Silver & Black? Which I would fully support if it happened. Astonishing that we haven't signed him yet, as he would be a reliable veteran for our receiving corps. Besides the fact he's the best receiver available right now in free agency.
Which concludes all I really wanted to bring up at the moment. Not too much action, but maybe that's a better thing than realized?
Course, next month's the draft, so here's hoping we find that great nosetackle/offensive lineman/linebacker we need in the first round. Especially O-Line. Considering we'll be seeing more of the same offense if it isn't fixed ASAP. By the way, how could we miss out on Jamal Williams, Scott Fujita, and Anquan Boldin? Damn.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!