Here I am the new kid on the block and I have already did my top 10 rankings for the NFL. I hope I get some people to comment and question my decisions. Here we go:
1. New England Patriots: What more can be said about this team.
2. Indianapolis Colts: The defending champ would have been ranked first, but the Pats have put up more points.
3.Dallas Cowboys: As much as I like them, I hope their secondary holds up.
4. Green Bay Packers: Favre is great, now can he get a running game??
5. Pittsburgh Steelers: They are on a roll, but can you really trust Big Ben to do it with his arm.
6. San Diego Chargers: Good offense, but secondary is suspect.
7. New York Giants: Would be higher, but Eli needs to have a strong second half.
8. Detroit Lions: Now that Kevin Jones is playing, the offense should be more balanced.
9. Tennessee Titans: Forget Vince Young, the Titans defense is off the chain.
10. Cleveland Browns: I know most people must think I am crazy, but they have been playing well.
For all you fantasy players out there, here are my top 10 rankings for the offense.
Top 10 Quartebacks:
1. Tom Brady
2. Tony Romo
3. Derrick Anderson
5. Carson Palmer
7. Brett Favre
8. Eli Manning
9. Jeff Garcia
10. Matt Hasselbeck
Top 10 Running Backs
4. Joseph Addai
5. Willis McGahee
6. Marion Barber III
7. Edgerrin James
9. Willie Parker
10. LaMont Jordan
Top 10 Wide Receivers
1. Randy Moss
2. Braylon Edwards
3. TJ Houshmandzadeh(hoseyourmomma)
4. Plaxico Buress
5. Wes Welker
6. Reggie Wayne
7. Steve Smith
8. Chad Johnson
10. Torry Holt
I find it a little funny that some of the people who were on this list last year, could not make it because a various reasons. I would also like to say that Ronnie Brown would have made this list, but because he is injured and out for the season, he can not make it.
Here are a few fantasy match ups that may help your fantasy teams for the upcoming week. For those of you lucky enough to have drafted LT, he has a very tough match up this week going against the Vikes, but I would still play him because he does catch the ball well. Adrian Peterson will have the same problem because the Vikings does not have a passing game. If you have Chris Chambers, start him. We know the Vikings couldn't cover a bed, let alone a receiver.
Shaun Alexander should have a good game against Cleveland. I know there are a lot of you who drafted him and are still mad at him for not doing much of anything this year. Kevin Jones, of the Lions, should have a great game against the Broncos, but I do expect Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson(back problems) to do that great against the Broncos.
Willie Parker has been great all year, but against Baltimore, I would sit him and start someone else. Lastly, Marion Barber III, will have a tough match up this against the Eagles, but because he scores a lot, I would start him.
See you all next week.