The win on Sunday did not impressme for three reasons.
1. The Giants battery seamed to be all but empty in the fourth quarter on Sunday. They have given up 38 points in the second half of there past two games against Atlanta and San Diego.
The Giants defense needs to step up if they want to help their team make the playoffs.
2. They beat a team that lost three of it's last four games coming into Sunday—and the one team they beat was the Redskins.
3. They beat a Falcons team in OT without running backs Michael Turner and Jerious Norwood. Atlanta started Jason Snelling, who until Sunday had zero toudhdowns in the past two seasons.
I still think they are going to win on Thursday against the Broncos, here are three reasons why:
This week he was even better, amassing 384 yards through the air and three touchdowns. He is now third in the NFC in TD passes with 18 and is the best player on the Giants this year.
2. The Denver Broncos are looking bad again, they started the season 6-0 and since then have lost four straight.
They have been looking bad, with their worst loss coming to the Redskins, 27-17.
3. Kyle Orton, who suffered a left ankle injury two week's ago was going to sit against the Chargers if favor of the healthier Chris Simms. But after three poor offensive possessions, the Broncos put in Orton to try and salvage a win.
Orton threw for one interception and only completed 15 out of his 29 passes. What I am saying is that even if he is healthy, (which he is likely not) he is just not that good.
One player who has not been having his best season is RB Brandon Jacobs, who only has 656 rushing yards and three TDs.
On Sunday he went down in the third quarter and didn't come back into the game. It looks as if he will be alright—but you never know.
Still, I think the Giants will be OK if they are forced to start Ahmad Bradshaw. He's demonstrated big play capability in the past and this season has rushed for over 549 yards and four TDs
I think the Giants will win by at least 10 points, but what do you think? Let me know your thoughts!