It’s uncertain how long the struggling Green Bay Packers offense will be without receiver Greg Jennings, but it is noteworthy to mention that his last reception in the New Orleans’ game on September 30 was a milestone for No. 85.
In the second quarter of that game, Jennings caught a nine-yard pass from Aaron Rodgers. It was the 50th receiving TD of Jennings’ career with the Pack and his 401st reception as a Packer. He not only became the fifth Packer to amass 400 receptions and 50 TD catches with the franchise, but he also became the 58th player in NFL history to have 400 catches and 50 TD receptions with one NFL franchise.
In total, 91 players are members of the 400 catches-50 TD receptions club.
Following are the five members of the Packers 400-50 club.
- Donald Driver: 738 receptions, 60 TDs
- Sterling Sharpe: 595 receptions, 65 TDs
- Don Hutson: 488 receptions, 99 TDs
- Antonio Freeman: 431 receptions, 57 TDs
- Greg Jennings: 401 receptions, 50 TDs
With Jennings becoming the fifth Packers player to join the 400-50 club, the Packers now have the most members of any NFL team. Green Bay was tied with the Washington Redskins with four 400-50 members.
Following are the number of players who have collected 400 receptions and 50 TD receptions with each NFL franchise.
- 5: Green Bay
- 4: Washington
- 3: Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Miami, Minnesota, Oakland, San Diego
- 2: Arizona, Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, New England, New York Jets, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis
- 1: Buffalo, Detroit, Houston, Jacksonville, New Orleans, New York Giants, Philadelphia, Seattle, Tennessee
- 0: Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Tampa Bay
There’s a good chance that three teams could be adding a player to their 400-50 club this season. In Detroit, Calvin Johnson needs five receptions for 400 in his career in Detroit. That would go with his 50 TD receptions as a Lion.
In Atlanta, Roddy White has 561 catches and 48 TD receptions with the Falcons. Two more TD catches will put him in the Falcons’ 400-50 club. Dallas’ Jason Witten already has 717 receptions with the Cowboys, but he needs eight TD catches to reach 50 in his career with the Cowboys.
Follow Jerry on Twitter @StatsonTapp
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!