And we're back to writing about basketball! Always a good sign.
As most of you have probably heard, Tyson Chandler is considering leaving the Dallas Mavericks for teams such as Toronto, Houston and Golden State. Chandler has been the definition of a player who has salvaged his career and turned it into something wondrous and beautiful.
Why the Dallas Mavericks Need To Offer Chandler a Long-Term Contract
- We wouldn't be at this stage of emotional happiness as Mavs fans if he wasn't on our team.
- Without him, you might as well call us the Allas Mavericks (team has no D).
- We are not a viable free agent destination; the thought of Nowitzki as our lone front court monster scares the crap out of free agents.
- Deron Williams is a very reasonable free agent whose agent has publicly stated that his client would not consider signing with the Chandler-less Mavericks.
- Signing Chandler to a long-term contract would prove to be hectic under the new CBA rules, but I feel like he's so much of a top priority. And if we need to free up enough space to get him by unloading other players *cough* Rudy *cough* (who by the way, doesn't want to play for us but instead Barcelona), then so be it.
- Without Chandler we have no shot at repeating or, for that matter, going very far in general. He is too motivational and too team-changing on defense to be let go. He's been a great asset to have on our team and saves us from the wrath of Brendan Haywood.
I realize this isn't one of my best articles, but this is a more urgent thing that I felt like venting to all NBA fans out in the world.
As always, comments regarding different views of this situation or how you agree are always welcomed!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!