Quick Rankings: 1.TEN 2.NYG 3.CAR 4.PIT 5.ATL 6.NYJ 7.ARI 8.WAS 9.BAL 10.IND 11.NE 12.TB 13.MIA 14.PHI 15.MIN 16.CHI 17.BUF 18.DAL 19.DEN 20.SD 21.JAX 22.GB 23.NO 24.CLE 25.HOU 26.SEA 27.SF 28.KC 29.CIN 30.STL 31.OAK 32.DET
Several teams moved up in the rankings after big statement wins and others moved down after bad losses.
Starting from the bottom...
32. Detroit Lions (Last Week - 32) - The Lions remain at the bottom in Week 11 after losing again in Week 10. The Lions signed Daunte Culpepper who proceeded to have a horrible game which led them to put in third stringer Drew Stanton. The Jags crushed the Lions with Maurice Jones-Drew running for three TDs in the first half.
31. Oakland Raiders (31) - Another team that stays in their lowly position after playing a close game against the Panthers, but still losing. The Raiders have not scored a touchdown in three weeks. They did a good job shutting down the Panthers' top weapon, Steve Smith, but that can be credited to Nnamdi Asomugha, one of the best corners in the game.
30. St. Louis Rams (27) - The Rams were blown out by the Jets 47-3 in the biggest blowout so far this year. New coach Jim Haslett led the team to two wins but this ruined all of the team's progress. They were without Steven Jackson, but the defense and the offense looked horrendous.
29. Cincinnati Bengals (29) - The Bengals were on the bye this week and remained at No. 29. The Bengals play the Eagles next week and it is a must-win for Philadelphia; so you can expect the Bengals to be 1-9 after next week.
28. Kansas City Chiefs (26) - Herm Edwards call to go for the win on a two-point conversion ends up badly as the Chiefs fall to 1-8. It was the right call in my mind, but just a horrible play call. The Chiefs continue to relinquish first-half leads, and their running game was nonexistent against the Chargers.
27. San Francisco 49ers (30) - The 49ers move up three spots after an impressive game against the Cardinals. If not for a bad play call on the last play of the game (a run up the middle?) they might have escaped with a victory. Shaun Hill played well at quarterback.
26. Seattle Seahawks (28) - The Seahawks didn't do anything well to earn them a two-spot move up, it was just that the Rams were so bad. Matt Hasselbeck reportedly will return this week; which is a big boost for Seattle's offense.
25. Houston Texans (25) - The Texans hold steady at 25 with another loss. They will try to beat the Colts this week, who look they are finally in stride.
23. New Orleans Saints (16) - The biggest fall this week belongs to the New Orleans Saints, who after the Falcons beat them this week, they are now 4-5. Hopefully their upcoming game against the Chiefs will help turn their season around.
22. Green Bay Packers (17) - Another big fall for the Packers this week. After starting the season with people talking about them being Super Bowl contenders, the Packers have looked flat recently. The loss of linebacker Nick Barnett doesn't help them on defense.
21. Jacksonville Jaguars (24) - They were able to beat Detroit handily this past week, but will need everyone to step up this coming week against undefeated Tennessee. This game should be considered must win for the Jags as they now sit at 4-5.
20. San Diego Chargers (19) - They managed to barely beat out a terrible Chiefs team when the Chiefs elected to go for the win on a two-points conversion. They face Pittsburgh this week and are still only a game out of the AFC West race.
19. Denver Broncos (21) - They beat the Browns last Thursday thanks to Jay Cutler. Their defense look horrible and two of their running backs were placed on IR; Michael Pittman and Selvin Young. Jay Cutler will need to carry the Broncos on his back (or arm) to win the AFC West and make the playoffs.
18. Dallas Cowboys (22) - The Cowboys had a much-needed bye week to regroup and Tony Romo comes back just in time to save the Cowboys season. The Cowboys are 5-4 and although the Giants have run away with the NFC East; the Cowboys are only one game out of the wild-card race.
17. Buffalo Bills (12) - The Bills fall after losing their last four of five games. They have not been clicking on offense lately and Marshawn Lynch has not run as well as he did last year.
16. Chicago Bears (20) - The Bears lost to the Titans 21-14. Although shutting down the best running team in the league, they allowed Kerry Collins to air it out for 289 yards.
15. Minnesota Vikings (18) - Adrian Peterson is the leading rusher in the league so far and has carried the Vikings to a 5-4 record. They go up against Tampa Bay this coming week, whose defense might be too tough for Gus Frerotte to handle. Frerotte needs to cut down on his frequent interceptions.
14. Philadelphia Eagles (6) - The Eagles slip eight spots after losing their third division game. Good thing they play the Bengals this week to make up lost ground in the NFC East. They are still only one game back in the wild-card race. Eagles need to cut out the stupid turnovers; Quinten Demps fumbled on a kickoff which allowed the Giants to get ahead.
13. Miami Dolphins (13) - Miami stays steady at 13 with a close win over the Seahawks. They have now won three in a row as even Ricky Williams got involved this past week; busting off a 51-yard run for a touchdown.
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10) - The Bucs had a bye week this past week. Still have the best defense in the league but go up against Adrian Peterson and the Vikings this coming week.
11. New England Patriots (15) - Matt Cassel has led the Pats to a 6-3 record, and their running game and defense look good as of late.
10. Indianapolis Colts (11) - The Colts have beat Pittsburgh and New England in back-to-back weeks and look like they are finally hitting full stride on offense after a slow start.
9. Baltimore Ravens (7) - This offense has played very well behind rookie QB Joe Flacco and Willis McGahee has returned from injury to help Ray Rice with a very effective rushing attack.
8. Washington Redskins (9) - Clinton Portis is 50/50 for this week's game. The Redskins need him if they want to win games. They are two back from the Giants in the NFC East, but are in driver seat in the wild card race.
7. Arizona Cardinals (5) - A win is a win. The Cardinals managed to escape against the 49ers on Monday night after playing very sloppy on both sides of the ball. A bad play call by the 49ers handed the Cardinals the win. Steve Breaston has emerged has a great receiver when Larry Fitzgerald is doubled. And of course, Anquan Boldin and Kurt Warner continue to play well.
6. New York Jets (14) - The highest risers in this week's poll after beating the Rams 47-3. Their defense looked dominant adding points of their own on the scoreboard. Their running game looked good as Thomas Jones had three TDs. The Jets scored 40 points in the first half.
5. Atlanta Falcons (8) - The Falcons won again and they now stand at 6-3 and in the driver seat as the division leader. Matt Ryan is a strong candidate for Rookie of the Year, and Roddy White has improved on his breakout season last year. Michael Turner leads a strong ground game along with Jerious Norwood.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (3) - They have now lost two of their last three, as the Colts beat them this week. Their secondary allowed a long TD to Reggie Wayne.
3. Carolina Panthers (4) - The Panthers jump ahead of the Steelers after barely beating the Raiders. Jake Delhomme played a horrible game, and Steve Smith had only one catch for nine yards (Last week's explanation for the Panthers: Steve Smith. Guess you can say I was wrong on that one).
I think the Panthers can bounce back because Smith was covered by the best corner in the league in Asomugha. The Panthers have the third best record at 7-2.
2. New York Giants (2) - The Giants stay steady at No. 2 after beating divisional rival Philadelphia on Sunday night. Eli Manning did not play well in the game and they kept the game close with their inability to finish drives. Their defense is still dominant, despite letting up 31 points to the Eagles. They are running away with the NFC East with their 8-1 record.
1. Tennessee Titans (1) - The Titans proved this week that they can win through the air as well as on the ground. The Bears shut down their high-powered rushing attack and they still managed to win the game with Kerry Collins passing for 289 yards.
Their defense looked dominant as always as the undefeated Titans remain in the No. 1 spot. Coming up this week are the Jacksonville Jaguars.