WWE SummerSlam 2011 Results: What We Learned from CM Punk's Win (And Loss)
In an interesting finish, CM Punk became the undisputed WWE champion after hitting John Cena with the "Go To Sleep" and pin, even though Cena's foot was on the bottom rope.
Cena protested to special guest referee Triple H, but Triple H didn't see it, said his decision was final, and sent Cena away. Punk celebrated just long enough for things to seem suspect, and then...
Kevin Nash (as opposed to "Diesel" this time) ran in through the crowd and attacked Punk. He hit the Jackknife Powerbomb and left. Then, like clockwork, Alberto Del Rio ran in to cash in his Money In The Bank contract.
In a change from previous cash-ins, the referee with Del Rio didn't wait for Punk to reach his feet before calling for the opening bell. Instead, Del Rio hit a Shining Enzuigiri for the pin to win the undisputed WWE championship.
So, kids, what did we learn in tonight's main event?
- CM Punk can be hugely over in major markets he is not from which are not always known for hot crowds.
- Punk and Cena have killer chemistry together. They had a hell of a match in the ring, the crowd was with them the whole way, and overall, it was awesome. As a package and for sheer drama, it wasn't on the level of the Money In The Bank match, but some parts were smoother and it was still excellent.
- Triple H may have been trying to screw Cena out of the WWE Championship for some reason, as Cena's foot was directly in his line of sight.
- Whatever Nash was doing there, they made sure to make clear Triple H wasn't involved (due to The Kliq connection) as the latter looked confused the whole time.
- Nash has luxurious hair that keeps him looking much younger than his 52, as long as he dyes it.
- Three wrestlers now have realistic claims to being the rightful champion.
- Punk has an out that they probably won't use in the whole not given time to stand before the bell thing.
- WWE won't change booking plans based on anything we write.
So, what did you think of the main event and post-match angle?
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?