This year the Chargers want payback.
And, honestly, they are the NFL's only hope to end New England's Reign of Terror. They want to end the weeks and weeks of thrashings.
Many consider Indianapolis the Patriots' kryptonite. After last week's loss to San Diego at the RCA Dome, Indy's season is over.
And it was all thanks to...Michael Turner and Billy Volek?!
With Phillip Rivers a game-day decision, I would expect Norv Turner to give Rivers his spot.
But after last week's performance by Volek, I was very impressed by the way he handled himself in a big situation.
Also, the defense stepped up and stalled two Peyton Manning red zone drives that could have very well shut the door on the Bolts' season.
My keys to a San Diego win and an end to Darth Belicheck's reign are:
1. Keep L.T. healthy: Sub in Turner and Darren Sproles every other play.
3. Defense needs to make big plays at the critical times.
4. Special teams: Antonio Cromartie and Sproles need to get great position for the offense.
5. Whoever starts, whether it be Volek or Rivers: You need to be active in and out of the pocket. With guys like Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, Mike Vrabel and Tedy Bruschi, you need to be mobile.
6. O-line: Open those holes and run it right down their throats.
7. Chambers and Jackson: Catch Hobbs and Samuel off guard.
This game will decide the fate of the NFL as we know it.
Here's a vote for the Bolts.