Top 5 Reasons to Believe in the Young Chiefs
With the last win over the Broncos I just thought that while we are on top I would give us some more reasons to believe. So here are my top 5 reasons to believe in the young Chiefs.
- They are so young that they don’t know any better. I know that you might be getting tired of hearing this but it’s true. As we all know this could be a good thing (like Week 4 against the Broncos & Week 1 against the Patroits) or a bad thing (Week 2 & 3 against the Raiders and Falcons).
- Superstar power: Every great team has at least one star player on offense or defense. The Chiefs have the greatest TE EVER in Tony Gonzalez, a running back who over one 3 year period was one of the best ever in Larry Johnson, a 2nd year WR in Dwayne Bowe who definitely has superstar potential, and many future stars on the defensive side of the ball.
- A coach who has been there (playoffs): Say what you want about Herm Edwards as a coach, but in his first four years of being a head coach he took his team (Jets) to the playoffs three times. Over his seven year head coaching career he has taken his team to playoffs four times.
- Wining the turnover battle: As we all know from Marty-ball the teams that win the turnover battle usually have success. This season the Chiefs have 9 takeaways (2 INT 7 Fumble) and overall are +2 on turnover differential.
- Offensive Line Showing Improvement: This of course takes a hit with future stud LT Branden Albert being hurt but his backup (and hopefully future RT starter) Herb Taylor has done a great job filling in (both in the preseason and this last week against Denver). This offensive line has given up 12 sacks this year (49ers are worst in NFL having given up 19 sacks), but 9 of those came in the first two games when the Chiefs had a rotating QB. In the last two games the Chiefs have given up 3 sacks which is showing great improvement in that area.
Post from: KC Chiefs Football
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?