"All Hail MJD."
It is truly the little 5 foot 7 monster from UCLA, who may be single handily resurrecting the Jaguars franchise. Twelve touchdowns this year, and a smart play by downing the ball to let time go down.
NOTE: I don't agree with the Jaguars kneeing the football, but I do believe that MJD taking a knee was the right thing to do because it wasted time.
The Jaguars had a nearly perfect first half, and won another close game, and now stand at 5-4 and as mentioned in my preview for the game, enter into a metaphorical wardrobe to Narnia, or in this case, playoff contention.
But more important then this was the fact that the Jaguars have already matched there win total from last year, and still have seven more games to go.
Here is my top ten shout outs from this game:
1. MJD, how could it not be MJD, he was a beast against the number two rush defense in the leauge and was the first player to go over 100 yards against the Jets, and that would include Chirs Johnson.
2. Marcedess Lewis. Sorry David Garrard but Marcedes Lewis looked like the tight end he was drafted to be, all over the field making two HUGE catches in the game, and had a pancake on David Garrard's touchdown run, taking out TWO defenders.
3. David Garrard. Did what David was supposed to. This is the Jaguars team that could go to the playoffs. The one in which MJD dominates and Garrard simply has to manage the game. But a great end of the game drive to win the game.
4. Rookie Wide Receivers. Mike Thomas made a couple sensational catches, including a CLUTCH fourth down conversion (the first against the Jets all year). Jarret Dillard will be very good in a year, however, sadly he is out for the season.
5. Sorry Mike Sims-Walker I have to give my last shout out to the defense. They did a fantastic job forcing three turnovers, and this game really should have been 31-22 but alas Groves, you tripped.
My top five Thoughts on the Game:
1. Although I am very sad to see Jarret Dillard injured and out for the season, he is starting to be a force in the wide receiver with his departure, Nate Hughes should be back in a Jaguars uniform and have a shot at redemption.
2. Mike Thomas and Jarrett Dillard were worth their draft picks, and possibly more. Especially Thomas, who is having a fantastic rookie season. So what have we learned? Gene Smith can draft receivers.
3. David Garrard is the answer; for now. I think Garrard can last as Jaguars quarterback, HOWEVER, we should definitely grab another quarterback in the draft to develop for when Garrard gets too old. Suggestions: Riley Skinner (from Jacksonville, shouldn't go very high) Wake Forest, Jake Lockear (Washington), and I really like Jimmy Clausen but he will probably be gone before we get a chance to grab him
4. Even with a poor game the Jaguars should be able to be 6-4. MJD has proven consistency and should run all over the Bills defense.
5. Jaguars fans, lets have NO more blackouts until the Jaguars give us reason to.
The Jaguars are in the playoff hunt with four of the next five at home. Lets rekindle Jaguars Pride and cancel a blackout for the Buffalo game. I bet the Jaguars play better if the fans show up, and against Buffalo it should be a very entertaining game, especially with MJD.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!