Welcome to the first week of the 2009 NFC West Featured Columnist Competition.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this competition, please click here for a brief outline of the rules as well as a small bio of each contestant.
In short, this is a pick 'em competition. Contestants are in teams of two, each representing the team which they write for on Bleacher Report.
Each week, I will publish an article which announces the picks, such as this. Additionally, I will publish a results article once the games are completed, which will include weekly and yearly standings.
Observations from Week One Picks
- Everybody likes the Colts, Cowboys, Pats, and Saints—While a number of games are heavy favorites (six or seven selections), only the Colts, Cowboys, Patriots, and Saints took the honor of being unanimous choices.
- Nobody likes the Bills, Bucs, Jags, and Lions—One of these teams will pull an upset, and all eight contestants will equally suffer. Book it.
- Rob and Scotty: The Odd Couple—Rob and Scotty agreed on the fewest choices of anyone. Of the 16 games available, these two agreed on only ten.
- Chris and Steven: The Even Couple—Conversely, Chris and Steven seemed to be in harmony while picking. These two agreed on an astonishing fourteen of the 16 games.
- Scotty might not have been sober—Apologies in advance to Rob for a few ill-advised selections. Among four choices which qualify for the Underdog Bonus, I took the Titans over the Steelers, the Chiefs over the Ravens, and (drum roll please) the Raiders over the Chargers. In all honesty, I think the Titans could do it and the Chiefs will do it (the Raiders might need an act of God).
Without further ado, here are the picks. Please comment below with your thoughts.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!