
Jorge Soler Injury: Updates on Cubs OF's Ankle and Return
The Chicago Cubs have been without rookie outfielder Jorge Soler as he recovers from a sprained ankle suffered on June 1. He was placed on the disabled list on June 3 with an expected recovery time of two to three weeks.
Continue for updates.
TOP NEWS

Assessing Every MLB Team's Development System ⚾
.png)
10 Scorching MLB Takes 🌶️

Yankees Call Up 6'7" Prospect 📈
Soler Runs Bases to Test Ankle
Friday, June 26
Soler tested his ankle by running to first base and it "looks like Soler running bases one of final steps before going on rehab assignment," according to Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune.
“I’m going to keep working hard to get back,” Soler said through an interpreter Saturday morning. “[Hopefully] I feel good after my 15-days," Soler said through an interpreter, according to Jesse Rogers of ESPNChicago.com on June 6.
Soler has been erratic in his first full season with the Cubs, hitting .265/.322/.402 with four home runs and 67 strikeouts in 189 at-bats, but the 23-year-old continues to show the promise that made Chicago invest $30 million in him three years ago.
The Cubs are building around their young talent, letting Soler, Kris Bryant and Addison Russell provide some boost to a lineup that previously included only Anthony Rizzo and Starlin Castro. Soler's injury will delay the development curve, but it doesn't sound serious enough that it will derail his entire season.



.jpg)







