In this article I am going to give you 10 things you can believe are as good as gold.
These things are set in stone and will happen this year, mark my words. I have no doubts about any of them whatsoever.
We will start with the most obvious thing, in my opinion.
10. Al Davis will let Tom Cable coach. Not only will he let Cable coach this year, but when the team shows major improvements in many areas, he will let Cable coach next year as well.
9. Some people have said seven wins and nine losses, some say 8-8, some say 9-7, and I've seen some 10-6's out there too. One thing I know for sure is that they will be competitive and show their moxie in at least 14 of the 16 regular season games guaranteed.
8. JaMarcus Russell is the starting QB. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It is his job to lose, and he won't lose it barring injury. I am sure he will throw for at least 3,000 yards and 25 touchdowns this year. His passer rating will improve to at least 85 for the year.
7. Oakland will run the ball at least 450 times this year, and finish in the top five in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. The addition of Lozo Neal solidifies this prediction. Michael Bush, Justin Fargas, and Darren McFadden are three of the best HBs in the league, and they all play for the same team.
6. Chaz Schilens will emerge as a feature receiver. He has tremendous size, speed, and hands. He will make teams double team him this year, and open things up for other playmakers to do some good things.
5. Since this is No. 5 on my list, I will put this one here. The Raiders will make ESPN's "SportsCenter's Top 10 Plays" at least five times this year. Johnnie Lee Higgins (1), Justin Miller (1), Darren McFadden (1), Chris Johnson (1), and Zach Miller (1).
4. Oakland will win at least three of their six divisional games. I say they will at least sweep the Chiefs, and get one vs. Denver. Mind you, I said "at least."
3. The Raiders will finish in the top 15 in total defense. I think they will be in the top 10. A lot of the readers of my "top 10" article said it would be nice if they finished top 20. I will compromise with you, folks!
2. Mel Kiper will eat his words. Michael Mitchell will "legally" flatten at least three receivers and injure one of them. In addition, Mitchell will be starting strong safety by at least week 15 this year alongside starting free safety Tyvon Branch.
And the No. 1 thing I know will happen this year is:
We will not have double digit losses or a top 10 draft pick at the end of the year for the first time in seven years. This is the beginning of the end for the Chargers. They better make a run for that Lombardi Trophy this year because this is it.
Again folks, this is as good as gold. All of these things will happen this year, regardless of everything. These predictions will hold true, so pick your favorite and let me know what you think about it by leaving a comment below. Or pick the one you don't see happening and let me know why.
I'll be around. Have a good day.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!