Kansas City Chiefs Fans...Get Ready for the Quiet Before the Storm
Here we go Chiefs fans. The NBA and NHL seasons have come to a close, the Royals are struggling to stay relevant after a terrible May, and after this week's OTAs conclude, everyone in Kansas City will have a little more than a month to get ready for training camp.
Now is the time of year to get all those honey-dos taken care of, take the kids to the pool, or take a vacation and head to the lake for a couple weeks to enjoy the sweltering Midwestern phenomenon otherwise known as July.
That's right, get it all done now, because every Chiefs fan knows exactly what they'll be doing in August...watching every move this new Chiefs team makes.
New Head Coach Todd Haley and GM Scott Pioli will be under the microscope daily during this year's training camp. Here are just a few of the storylines to watch during this year's camp:
- How will the Chiefs use new starting TE Brad Cottam? Can he show enough in camp and the preseason as a receiver to garner any attention from opposing defensive coordinators when the regular season gets underway?
- What will Haley's offense emphasize more of: Larry Johnson and his tough running style or Jamaal Charles and his breakaway speed as a receiver out of the backfield?
- Will players like Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, and Glenn Dorsey sink or swim in defensive coordinator Clancey Pendergast's new defense?
- Can Matt Cassel, Bobby Engram, and Dwayne Bowe lead the offense and come through with the big plays in the passing game that this team lacked when the games were on the line last season?
- How many players in this year's draft class can make an impact this season? Tyson Jackson is expected to start and Alex Magee will see substantial time, but can players like Colin Brown and Donald Washington show enough during camp to see any substantial time this season?
That's right Chiefs fans, spend some time with the wife and kids, or maybe just get a little rest and relaxation. This season's going to be a fun one, and you're not going to want to miss a beat.
Enjoy your summer, football season is almost here.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?