Josh Morgan has a lot of buzz surrounding him this year after showing great potential during several games last season.
He is a part of a wide receiver corps that could explode if all of the right puzzle pieces fall into place and I wanted to see how he thinks this offseason is going, how he likes the new personnel, and what his expectations are for himself this season.
My attempts to contact Morgan so far have been unsuccessful, but if he happens to get back to me, I will definitely post his answers on B/R.
1) Entering your second season as a pro, how has this training camp under Mike Singletary differed from last year’s under Mike Nolan?
2) This was also the first time you got to work with new offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye. How has working with Jimmy been different than working Mike Martz? What aspects, if any, do you like more about Martz system over Raye’s and vice versa?
3) Matt Burrows of the Sacramento Bee labeled you as “the offensive star of the team’s OTA.” What is your take on how well you did during the OTA’s and how do you think your improved performance in camp will affect your start of the season?
4) In the last four games where you recorded a reception last season, you were able to put up at least 50 reception yards in each game. Was there a something you did differently on or off the field that made you a much more productive receiver?
5) As the only receiver with a combination of 20-plus catches and 15-plus yards per reception, would you consider yourself the biggest deep threat receiver on the 49ers?
6) How will the addition of the highly touted Michael Crabtree affect your reps in training camp, and has the competition that his presence brings to camp been beneficial to you and the other receiver vying for a higher roster spot?
7) Keeping the subject on Crabtree for one more question. You were in a similar situation last year, coming into your first NFL training camp, trying to learn the ins and outs of the 49ers playbook and the league in general. What advice have you been able to share with Michael to hopefully make his transition into the NFL as smooth as possible?
8) An NFL.com article has you at No. 1 on their list of wide receivers primed to make the jump from 20-30 receptions in 2008 to the 60-80 in 2009. How likely do you think a 60-80 reception season is for you and what needs to fall into place in order for this to happen?
9) The question at quarterback has been unanswered in San Francisco for several years. First off, whom do you work better with on and off the field, Shaun Hill or Alex Smith? Which quarterback do you think has had the greater advantage so far in training camp and who are you putting your money to be the opening day starter?
10) Last year I took at you with my last pick in my fantasy football draft. Should I wait that long this year?