Philip Rivers: 10 Questions for the Chargers QB
Few quarterbacks have taken the route Philip Rivers has in becoming an elite NFL quarterback.
Drafted fourth overall by the Giants, Rivers spent about an hour as Giants property before being shipped off to the Chargers for Eli Manning. After sitting for two years behind Pro Bowler Drew Brees, Rivers has quickly ascended the ranks of NFL quarterbacks in his three years under center.
Here's a few questions I'd like to ask No. 17, given the opportunity:
1. You grew up in Alabama, one of the most football-crazy states there are. How did growing up in 'Bama get you hooked on football? Did you cheer for Alabama or Auburn?
2. What quarterbacks did you grow up admiring and what traits did you try and take from them?
3. How did your time at N.C. State shape you into the person you are today? Do you still keep in touch with guys like Jerricho Cotchery from N.C. State?
4. How do the philosophies of Cam Cameron and Norv Turner compare? What's the biggest thing Coach Turner has taught you in your two years under him?
5. Much has been made about your "rivalry" with Jay Cutler? Are you the slightest bit disappointed he's now out of the AFC West?
6. You've developed a nice rapport with Vincent Jackson. What are some things you've done during practice and in the offseason to help improve this chemistry?
7. Who's an "under the radar" player Chargers fans need to be on the lookout for in 2009?
8. Who's the nastiest defensive player you've ever faced?
9. What can the Chargers do to avoid the slow starts that have plagued them the last two seasons?
10. Do you feel added pressure knowing two other quarterbacks in the Class of '04 already have Super Bowl rings?
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?