Tony Gonzalez is now a Falcon.
Given the chance, here are just some of the questions I would use to pick Gonzalez's brain:
- What are thoughts following you first minicamp here? What did you take away?
- There were rumors you kind of quietly campaigned for a trade out of Kansas City. Are they true?
- If so, was Atlanta a team you had pinpointed for a trade?
- Was the opportunity to win the biggest factor in your decision to come to Atlanta?
- How hard was it being on so many unsuccessful teams in Kansas City?
- Do you regret staying there until now?
- Do you feel like you could have accomplished more elsewhere?
- You’re obviously a Hall of Famer already. But do you feel like there’s something missing from your resume?
- When you do go to the Hall, you’ll most likely be in a Chiefs jersey. But what do you want your legacy with the Falcons to be?
- What do you know about Matt Ryan?
- They say a young quarterback’s best weapon is a good tight end. Do you believe in that?
- What kind of impact do you think you can have with Ryan?
- I’ve read that you’ve been working on a few routes with Ryan. What can you tell me about those?
- You’re a high-character guy. What would you say your biggest contribution can be on this team — on or off the field?
- Do you have anything set up already to give back to the Atlanta community?
- Do you have personal goals for 2009? Or is it all about winning?
- You’re 33. How much do you have left in the tank?
- Do you plan on ending your career with Atlanta?
- It’s well-documented that the Falcons have never had back-to-back winning seasons. Is that something you knew coming in?
- Do you think this team can change that this year?
- Do you have a feeling of just how much fun it would be to be on a winning team?
For what Falcons' fans can reasonably expect from their team in 2009, click here.