2012 was a memorable year in the sports world, as the Penn State scandal rocked the basic foundation of life in and out of the sports landscape. But the year also had some pretty special moments, too.
As we look back on this year in sports, we turn our attention to both the heroes and the villains that made this another exciting, yet often tragic year.
In fact, there were so many game-changing moments during the year that some of the newsworthy items left out included:
- The tragic killing and suicide by Jevon Belcher and the Junior Seau suicide
- Johnny Football becoming the first rookie to win the Heisman
- Magic Johnson purchasing the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Lakers almost hiring Phil Jackson
- Giants win second World Series in three years
- Replacement Refs in the NFL
- College football playoff approved
- Kings win their first Stanley Cup
Nope, none of these stories made this list, but I guarantee you each of these represented the year in a way that was both memorable and sometimes very sad indeed.
So, without further ado, I present to you my top 10 sports moments of 2012.