Mikey Rukus Releases New Song to Aid MMA Fighters Affected by Hurricane Sandy

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
Mikey Rukus Releases New Song to Aid MMA Fighters Affected by Hurricane Sandy

Earlier this year, I sat down with esteemed MMA music producer Mikey Rukus, the man responsible for many of the walkout tunes you hear in the UFC. After penning and recording original songs for the likes of Mark Hunt, Shogun Rua, The Gracie Family and more, as well as the theme song for Invicta FC, Rukus has become a fast-rising name in the MMA community.

Not taking his place in the sport for granted, Rukus is already looking to do whatever he can to help to repair damage done to the homes of fighters by Hurricane Sandy last week. Quickly recording a new tune, the Virginia-based musician has released it on the website Fundrazr.

Many big names of the industry were impacted, including former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar, middleweight contender Chris Weidman and popular MMA analyst Ariel Helwani.

From the donation page you can read a message from Mikey.

Hey guys, It is an honor to be a part of the mixed martial arts community. The storm that recently ripped apart the northern east coast has affected millions of people. Since the MMA community is such a tightly knit community, I want to do something to help one another. 

Please make an effort to help those who truly need it the most right now. 5% goes to a service fee to host the fundraiser, and the remaining 95% will go to the fighter families it is intended to go to.

There is no official price to download the track, because anyone who donates any amount receives a download link for their generosity, regardless of the dollar amount attached.

To check out the tune and donate to an excellent cause, click the link above and follow the instructions on the website.

Looking to contact Mikey Rukus about penning an entrance theme?  Do you just have a question?  You can email him at MikeyRukusMusic@Yahoo.com, follow him on Twitter at @MikeyRukus or search for him on Facebook.

To listen to some of the past walkout tunes created by Mikey Rukus, check www.soundclick.com/MikeyRukus

Load More Stories

Follow B/R on Facebook

MMA

Subscribe Now

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.