Free Agency starts in a week.
There is a lot of ground to cover, in terms of possible Vikings for 2009.
Here is the breakdown of who may be in the purple and gold if the Vikings want to add a wide receiver during the offseason. These are the top 10 wide receivers available in the 2009 Free Agency:
· T.J. Houshmandzadeh – Cincinnati Bengals
· Bobby Engram – Seattle Seahawks
· Antonio Bryant – Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Franchise Tagged)
· Bryant Johnson – San Francisco 49ers
· Lance Moore – New Orleans Saints (Restricted Free Agent)
· Hank Basket – Philadelphia Eagles (Restricted Free Agent)
· Devery Henderson – New Orleans Saints
· Jabar Gaffney – New England Patriots
· Amani Toomer – New York Giants
There are plenty of good wide receivers out there this year, and the list does not stop here.
Other players include former Viking Koren Robinson, Ashley Lelie, Michael Clayton, Brandon Lloyd, Darrell Jackson and plenty more. Trying to narrow this down to a few Viking prospects can be hard, and there is a possibility that the Vikings will do nothing at wide receiver, too.
Since the Vikings got Bernard Berrian last offseason, it is likely they would go after more of a possession receiver as oppose to a guy who can fly down the field.
Some of the guys on this list that are more speed demons than possession receivers, like Nate Washington and Devery Henderson.
Here is a look at the top possibilities for the Vikings if they do not mind unloading money for a guy like Houshmandzadeh:
To continue reading this article, please visit us at http://www.vikingvigil.com/2009/02/free-agency-countdown-7-days-%e2%80%93-a-look-at-wide-receivers/ Thanks!