The UFC's heavyweight division has always been at the base for criticism due to the lack of depth in it, however there are many talented up and comers that will be big names in the future.
1. Brock Lesnar: Brock Lesnar is the current UFC heavyweight champion riding a two fight win streak over Heath Herring and Randy Couture. Brock is currently scheduled to face Frank Mir to unify the belts.
2. Frank Mir: Frank Mir is the current interim champion and is the only man to ever finish Minotauro Nogueira. Frank is currently scheduled to fight Brock for the belt.
3. Antonio Nogueira: Nogueira is a former UFC and Pride champ holding wins over Heath Herring and Tim Sylvia in the UFC. Nogueira is coming off a disappointing loss to Frank Mir at UFC 92 where he lost his interim title.
4. Randy Couture: A legend in MMA, Couture is a former Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight champion. He is coming off a loss to current champ Brock Lesnar at UFC 91 where he lost his title
5. Gabriel Gonzaga: Gonzaga is a former title contender who is currently riding a two fight win streak with wins over Josh Hendricks and Justin McCully. Gonzaga is scheduled to face Shane Carwin at UFC 96 in March.
6. Cheick Kongo: Kongo is a potential title contender if he can sport a win over another top contender. He is riding a two fight win streak with wins over Mustapha Al Turk and Dan Evenson.
7. Shane Carwin: Carwin is undefeated with a record of 10-0. He has never had a fight go past 2:11 of the first round. He is scheduled to face his toughest test to date in Gabriel "Napoa" Gonzaga at UFC 96. A win over Gonzaga would put him in the potential contender list.
8. Heath Herring: Once a title contender in Pride, The Texas Crazy Horse has fallen on rough times in the UFC. Going 3-2 in the UFC, Herring is coming off a loss to current champ Brock Lesnar. He is currently out of action due to a broken orbital bone.
9. Cain Velasquez: Cain is an undefeated prospect sporting a record of 4-0 all by first round stoppage. He recently beat Jake O' Brien at UFN 14. He is scheduled to face Denis Stojinic at UFN 17.
10. Justin McCully: McCully is 2-1 in the UFC with his only loss coming at the hands of Gabriel Gonzaga.