- The Brewers made Yahoo’s offseasons to forget list. Wow...let’s let the offseason get close to finishing, OK guys?
- Well, it does add insult to injury that the Brewers no longer get the Yankees' top pick because of the Teixeira signing.
- Melvin and Co. are taking a break for the holidays. So...this means no Christmas Surprise this year?
- Brewers owner Mark Attanasio believes baseball needs a salary cap. He said he wanted this before and especially after the Yankees got Tex. Interesting quotable: “I paid $220 million for my team; now they get three players for $420 million.”
Rumors and Speculation
- Ken Rosenthal said the Brewers were looking into Adam Dunn if they traded Cameron. I know he whiffs a lot, but imagine a lineup with Braun, Fielder, and Dunn in the middle. Nice, isn’t it?
I still don’t believe it will happen though. I honestly believe the Brewers are going to keep the outfielders they have now (maybe still trade Cam, but probably won’t since the Yankees are re-warming up to Melky Cabrera and the Brewers won’t pay for Cam and Igawa). If they do anything, it will be pitching or infield (namely third and second base options) related.
- Our Jared participated in a roundtable on Bernie’s Crew’s website. Ch-check it out.
- Beyond the Box Score talks Turnbow. Basically comes up with the conclusion that Brewer fans knew: He has some nasty stuff when he’s focused, but even then, if hitters are patient, he will rarely go inside and they will find something to hit.