SEC Basketball: Freshmen Making Their Mark for League
All the talk in the offseason has been about Kentucky. Have you seen the new freshmen for Kentucky? They are loaded again.
Well, I am here to tell you that there are other freshmen. The SEC has many top freshmen making their mark. Without a doubt. Kentucky has the best freshman group of all the teams. With that said, that doesn't mean they will have the best freshman in the league.
The following 11 players have all started their college careers with great efforts. Being in the non-conference part of their schedule, coaches will play more players than the normal would. So even with their great starts, there is no guaranteeing that they will play all season long.
Here is my list of the Top 11 freshmen in the SEC this year so far:
1. Anthony Davis (Kentucky) 13.3 pts 7.3 rpg
2. Brad Beal (Florida) 14.3 pts 5.0 rpg
3. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Georgia) 13.3 pts 5.3 rpg
4. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Kentucky) 12.0 pts 6.3 rpg
5. Anthony Gill (South Carolina) 11.5 pts 6.5 rpg
6. Johnny O'Bryant (LSU) 11.0 pts 5.8 rpg
7. Anthony Hickey (LSU) 11.8 pts 4.5 rpg
8. Rodney Hood (Mississippi State) 11.2 pts 4.4 rpg
9. Marquis Teague (Kentucky) 12.3 pts 2.3 rpg
Who is the Best Freshman in the SEC
11. Kyle Wiltjer (Kentucky) 11.0 pts 2.0 rpg
Well, there you go. There is no logical system I use. I rank the players the way I think they deserve to be ranked. Players will move their way up and down with every game. Some players will drop out with some moving up. There are another 10-15 freshmen in the league waiting to take the jump.
Other freshmen to watch:
Levi Randolph (Alabama), Nemanja Djurisic (Georgia), B.J Young (Arkansas), Brenton Williams (South Carolina) and Aaron Jone (Ole MIss).
I am a firm believer that the SEC has the best freshmen in College Basketball. Watching the impact these freshmen have is awesome.
Check back to see how these rankings have changed. See who has moved up or down.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?