- Sounds like CMR isn't expecting any casualties from the classroom heading into Bowl preps. I don't know about you, but I'm anxious to hear the crack! of pads coming from the Butts-Mehre back yard.
- I keep rinsing and repeating, but I just can't get the taste of that poor, poor defensive performance against Tech out of my mouth. And Jan. 1 is still a ways away.
- Take this, Techies! UGA graduates enjoy a better value for their post-secondary education. We're not delivering your pizza anymore, we're hiring the high school kids to do it for us.
- Georgia backup punter Drew Butler is evidently trying to get one of his Sugarloaf neighbors (Matt Ryan) to play a round of golf with Matthew Stafford. Sugarloaf Country Club, Stafford, Ryan.......Hey Drew, if ya need a fourth......???
- If they do tee it up together, I'm guessing Ryan will fall in line with Archie Manning as advising Stafford to stay. Wonder if Peyton (that makes a great girl's name doesn't it?) and Eli will also get a chance to speak to the Dawg QB.
- TotalUGA.com reports the recruitment of the much sought-after receiver Marlon Brown will likely come down to Georgia and the hillbillies. Ohio State among others also are in the mix. If Brown does choose Tennessee it will obviously be because of their new head coach's experience in running a high achieving, professional, and respected program like the Raiders.
- Brown is in town on Saturday for an UNofficial visit. Let's hope it goes better than his Official visit, the Dawgs' loss to Bama.
- And there is (no) truth to the rumor that CPJ will use the bulk of his new $17 million contract with Georgia Tech to finance a Dawg fighting operation. BDB has recently learned that the Dawg killer is actually a cat lover. All together now.....Awwww!
- BREAKING NEWS: BRETT FAVRE MAY RETIRE!
- And in what may be bigger news, Plax hasn't shot himself in the upper thigh in nearly three weeks.
- One of the best games on the entire bowl schedule may be Tuesday night's Poinsettia (did I spell that right Jenn?) Bowl. One of the nation's most powerful offenses in Boise State meets the nation's second best defense in TCU. Both coaches were heavily rumored on the coaching carousel, but got off the same place they got on. It may come down to which team was less distracted.
- BDB is thinking about organizing a winter field trip to see the Vince Dooley tribute. With the weather and the crappy game, just never made it over there the day the Wreck wrecked the streak.
- And you know what's within a couple blocks of the Dooley Tribute........Steve's. Steak and Cheese all the way and a dozen hot wings. OH YEAH!
- Statesboro Anonymous offers THIS LINK to you gentlemen who are waiting to the last minute to buy your wife or significant other a mop or an umbrella for Christmas.
- Six shopping days left, reader.
Sudden Death Playoff Trivia - It's been two issues of BDB since the question was asked and we spent some time airing some grievances Monday. Well........turns out BDB does indeed have Seinfeld fans who thumb through its pages. Within hours of Monday's blog posting, we had a number of comments and emails, like .........nearly eight.
YadaYadaYada....Let's get to the prizes. The following made Bernie both chuckle and laugh uncontrollably, in no particular order:
- Erin's Seinfeldism on tabloid reading: "I think that people who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to."
- Nama's favorite episode is obviously The Chinese Restuarant as he submitted several doozies from that early show. Hard to compete with, "You're going by sound? What are we, whales?"
- Fred jumped into BDBs cyberspace with a "play" on The Serenity Now episode, blending it with Auburn's struggles to overcome their own ineptitude: "Mediocrity now!" Well done Fred, well done!
- Cord may hold the Penske file, but that doesn't prohibit him from reaching into The Abstinence episode to grab this classic from Jackie (the Cochranesque lawyer): "Miss Wilkie, your tobacco company has turned this beautiful specimen, into a horrible twisted freak."
- And Joe couldn't decide on just one, there's just so many, right? My favorite among his offerings comes from The Marine Biologist, "The sea was angry that day my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."