Okay, everyone had a week off to rest up for the postseason Bowl games. We throw out the regular-season records of the experts (see below) and "start from scratch."
The Bowl Losers will be presented in two stages for clarity. There are 34 bowl games, so we divide them into sections of 17 apiece.
Dec. 20-30 gives us the first 17. After the Christmas holiday, the second section of 17 will be released for the games to be played from New Year's Eve until the BCS title game. We will then project those bowl game losers.
1) The New Mexico Bowl: Fresno State vs. Colorado State
The Rams have bounced back this season, but look for the Bulldogs to be too strong.
Baby's Loser: Colorado State
2) The Bank Bowl: Navy vs. Wake Forest
The Middies beat the Demon Deacons in Winston–Salem three months ago. No payback.
Baby's Loser: Wake Forest
3) The St. Petersburg Bowl: South Florida vs. Memphis
Tommy West is mildly surprised to be here, but the Bulls are way too strong.
Baby's Loser: Memphis
4) The Las Vegas Bowl: Brigham Young vs. Arizona
Nice try by the 10–2 Cougars, but look for them to fall to the Cats' quickness.
Baby's Loser: Brigham Young
5) The New Orleans Bowl: Troy vs. Southern Mississippi
The Eagles are only a shadow of what they once were. Trojans are coming on.
Baby's Loser: Southern Miss.
6) The Poinsettia Bowl: Boise State vs. Texas Christian
One of the best bowls features a rugged Horned Frog defense trying to lasso the Broncos.
Baby's Loser: TCU
7) The Hawaii Bowl: Notre Dame vs. Hawaii
This is the biggest event in the islands since statehood. Look for the Irish to rock their world.
Baby's Loser: Hawaii
8) The Motor City Bowl: Central Michigan vs. Florida Atlantic
The Owls of Coach Howard Schnellenberger seem out of their element here.
Baby's Loser: Florida Atlantic
9) The Emerald Bowl: Miami vs. California
The Hurricanes look to revitalize their program, but the Bears will put a "paws" on that improvement.
Baby's Loser: Miami
10) The Muffler Bowl: West Virginia vs. UNC
The worst trip of the bowls finds Pat White in a situation where he can show off his talent.
Baby's Loser: UNC
11) The Champ Sports Bowl: Florida State vs. Wisconsin
The Badgers came on at the end of the year, but this bowl has a Seminole feel to it.
Baby's Loser: Wisconsin
12) The Independence Bowl: Northern Illinois vs. Louisiana Tech
This bowl is not the same this year with no SEC and Big 12 teams.
Baby's Loser: Louisiana Tech
13) The Alamo Bowl: Northwestern vs. Missouri
The Wildcats could pull the biggest upset of the bowls if they can stop Chase Daniel.
Baby's Loser: Northwestern
14) The Papa John Bowl: N.C. State vs. Rutgers
Two hot teams meet in Birmingham with the kind of game the Wolfpack generally does well in.
Baby's Loser: N.C. State
15) The Holiday Bowl: Oregon vs. Oklahoma State
One of the best bowls will feature the hard-charging Ducks outscoring the Cowboys.
Baby's Loser: Oklahoma State
16) The Humanitarian Bowl: Maryland vs. Nevada
The Blue Carpet has rarely seen such boredom. Look for the Wolfpack defense to win the game.
Baby's Loser: Maryland
17) The Texas Bowl: Rice vs. Western Michigan
The Broncos from Kalamazoo face the Owls in their hometown. Sounds like bad news.
Baby's Loser: Western Michigan
Race for the Title: "12" Rolls to Regular Season Championship!
Congratulations to everyone who participated in the regular season "Baby's Losers" weekly projection contest.
"12" went 5-3 the final week to finish 99-29 for the year at 77 percent and Timothy was right there with 5-3, 96-32 for 75 percent. Baby Tate went 6-2 to finish 95-33 and 74 percent.
During the final week, Kent, Issac, Brad, Michael, Daniel, Red Raider, and Go Bears all went 7–1. Nick and Cliff went 6–2; Trey, Robert, and Ryan went 5–3. Josh came in at .500, going 4–4.