College Football: Baby's Losers for Dec. 6, End of the Regular Season
The end is near for the regular season edition of Baby's Losers. Fear not, we will declare a winner and wipe the slate clean in preparation for the Bowl Season that starts soon.
Of all the nutty luck, Thanksgiving proved to give the experts here more trouble than any week so far.
No doubt the complete surrender of Spurrier's Gamecocks to Clemson, Kansas' upset of Missouri, Ga Tech running over Georgia on the road, and Oregon State finally coming apart in The Civil War did not help anyone who chose them to win.
Still, we do not have a clear cut BCS Title game among the top football teams. This situation has happened before (see picture above from 1979), and will happen again.
This final week of the regular season features the Conference Championship Games of Saturday, The Army–Navy clash, and several other closely matched contests.
BABY'S LOSERS FOR DEC. 6
1) THE ACC CHAMPIONSHIP: BOSTON COLLEGE VS. VIRGINIA TECH IN TAMPA– This is a rematch of a game won earlier by Boston College. The problem with this game is that Georgia Tech is obviously the best team in the ACC right now. Baby's Loser, Va Tech.
2) THE BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP: MISSOURI VS. OKLAHOMA IN KANSAS CITY– Poor old Mizzou, the past two seasons they've had the best teams seen around the Show–Me State in decades, and they don't have a BCS Bowl to show for it. They still won't. Baby's Loser, Missouri.
3) THE ARMY VS. THE NAVY IN PHILADELPHIA– One takes sides with this game as a child. Just about everyone in the country has an opinion on who will win this game. The Black Knights have improved this season but Navy will be ready. Baby's Loser, The Army.
4) SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA @ UCLA– It has been said that "anything can happen in a rivalry game." While Tricky Rick has restored some old Bruin pride in Westwood, he and Norm Chow just don't have the answers for this behemoth. Baby's Loser, UCLA.
5) ARIZONA STATE @ ARIZONA– As good as it gets in desert warfare. The Sun Devils are finally on the roll Dennis Erickson knew they were capable of performing. Down in Tucson, Mike Stoops has built a winner on rugged defense. Baby's Loser, Arizona State.
6) CINCINNATI @ HAWAII– Arrogant and powerful, Coach Brian Kelly's Bearcats have already won the Big East Title and appear headed to the Orange Bowl. Hawaii has a reputation of providing tough competition out in the islands. Baby's Loser, Hawaii.
7) SOUTH FLORIDA @ WEST VIRGINIA– Before Cincy took over the Big East, this was supposed to be the game of the year in the league. Now, each is 7–4 and battling for Bowl positioning. Expect a terrific battle between George Selvie and Pat White. Baby's Loser, South Florida.
GAME OF THE WEEK
8) THE SEC CHAMPIONSHIP: ALABAMA VERSUS FLORIDA IN ATLANTA– Two coaches that have won national titles and take a hands–on approach to coaching. Florida has been awesome and Alabama has been outstanding. Let's go with No. 1. Baby's Loser, Florida.
RACE FOR THE TITLE
NAME LAST WEEK MISSED FOR THE YEAR/PCT
1) "12" 4–4 CAROLINA, GEORGIA, MISSOURI, OREGON STATE 94–26, 78%
2) TIMOTHY 4–4 CAROLINA, GEORGIA, MISSOURI, OREGON STATE 91–29, 76%
BABY TATE WENT 4–4, MISSING CAROLINA, GEORGIA, MISSOURI, AND OREGON STATE FOR 89–31 AND 74% FOR THE YEAR.
Kent finished No. 1 for the week with a 7–1 record, missing only Kansas over Missouri. Brad did the Blue Devil Nation proud by going 6–2. At 5–3 were Robert, Kenneth (who also stated Wake Forest would upset Vanderbilt), Daniel, and Cliff. Franklin led the way for the Mendoza Line at 4–4 but deserves a Mulligan for Oregon/Oregon State.
Also at 4–4 were Trey (I wonder if he had his wife pick for him?), Kristofer, Michael, Irish Michael, Issac (No doubt he's glad he did the real picks after he did his wishful picks), and longtime participant MiamiMitch. Adam came in at 3–5 as did last week's leader, Red Raider. I'm sure he'll take the Texas Tech win over Baylor as a consolation prize!
A tough week. Thanks to everyone who played, and good luck to everyone next week!
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?