I have a goal of posting a draft review today. It may or may not come to fruition because I'm also making holiday travels late tonight (a midnight bus to be exact), but if I can crank the review, I will.
Beyond that, the next few draft reviews may be entering the murky holiday time. At most, I'll post two between now and next Monday. I apologize, but I'm sure you all will be busy as well.
In an unrelated note, Northeastern Hockey is now ranked fourth in the Nation in both the USCHO and USA Today polls, tops among Hockey East teams.
Northeastern is set to face No. 7 Princeton this weekend in the RPI Holiday Tournament in what could be considered a national statement game.
Additionally, they are entered in the Dodge Holiday Classic, set for the weekend after New Years where they could face current No. 1 Minnesota (they could only meet in the championship for the four team tournament) in what could be a preview for the NCAA Tourney.
Needless to say, its an exciting time for Husky Hockey which hasn't been this competitive since the mid 80s.
- The name "Dr. James Andrews" is probably the worst name in all of sports. Andrews, of course, is an excellent doctor, but if your star player needs to see him, its always bad. Real bad. Like Brady Quinn...sorry Browns fans.
- If there was ever a doubt ESPN didn't suck the big one, it has just been removed. AA gives us the scoop on ESPN's new plan to charge for video content. Much like the bullshit that is "Insider," I have no intention of paying for it...and again, its ridiculous, though if they somehow obtain the NCAA Basketball Tourney games, the shit could hit the fan.
- Wait, Mike Vick is still be charged (and convicted/pleading guilty) of stuff? The hands of justice is indeed very slow. Oh well, at least the IRS isn't after him. What? They are?
- It looks like the Angels might appear to be just the medicine C.C. Sabathia was looking for (and the wallet too).
- The Pirates appear to be scouring all lands for pitchers...high, low, near, far...very very far. Like Indian Cricket Players far...
- Red Sox. Varitek. Not yet. And not ever, if I were a Sox fan. Any time a catcher's redeeming qualities are:"calls a good game" and "plays good defense" its code for "he sucks balls." Varitek wants a big payout (relatively), and frankly he's not worth it. How much does Kevin Cash suck for him not to start? Seriously? Is his defense/pitch calling so bad that they'd prefer to have 'Tek and his .200 average?
- If you thought my Survivor Series rundown sucked, try EC's on for size.
- Mike Leach says TT should be the top ranked 1-loss team in NCAA Football. As opposed to other teams who didn't just lose (by 44 fuckin' points!) to other one-loss teams. Plus you can toss in Florida who lost by just one point to an unranked (but talented) opponent. It's hard to come back from being soundly whipped and in this case Leach is just really off.
- The Knicks are probably the most ridiculously entertaining franchise in the NBA.
- And finally, BNB will never miss a chance to give you Lenny Dykstra quotes...Not now, not ever