There shouldn't be an easy answer to this right? Wrong.
Every franchise has an elite group of professionals which the owner trusts to build a playoff caliber team.
I thought because of the Thanksgiving Feast at the Lions expense that America should have a closer look at who is responsible for the team that has brought misery to its fan base and the rest of America that had to watch yet another Lions blowout.
Scroll slowly as this group of misfits may end up scattered around the NFL on your team next year.
So without further ado, here are the 28 reasons why Lions are where they are for the 2008 NFL Season.
- Owner/Chairman: William Clay Ford, Sr.
- Vice Chairman: William Clay Ford, Jr.
- Executive Vice President/Interim CEO: Tom Lewand
- Senior Vice President/General Manager: Martin Mayhew
- Director of Pro Personnel: Sheldon White
- Assistant Director of Pro Personnel: Dave Boller
- Director of College Scouting: Scott McEwen
- Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line: Jim Colletto
- Quarterbacks: Scot Loeffler
- Running Backs: Sam Gash
- Wide Receivers: Shawn Jefferson
- Tight Ends: Pat Carter
- Assistant Offensive Line: Mike Barry
- Offensive Assistant: Eric Sutulovich
- Defensive Coordinator: Joe Barry
- Defensive Line: Joe Cullen
- Linebackers: Phil Snow
- Secondary: Jimmy Lake
- Assistant Secondary: Clayton Lopez
- Defensive Quality Control: Don Clemons
Special Teams Coaches
Strength and Conditioning
- Director of Physical Development: Jason Arapoff
- Strength and Conditioning: Malcolm Blacken
- Assistant Strength and Conditioning: Kevin Tolbert
Charlie Sanders was removed; although he is the assistant director of pro personel, should not be included in this list.