A Pittsburgh Steelers Fan Gives Thanks
On this day, I think it's important that we take some time to reflect on what's good in our world.
The world has a way of making us feel down, unhappy, and lately we have all felt miserable about something. An ongoing war, economic crisis, falling home prices, an uneasy stock market, the list goes on and on.
For one day, perhaps we can all focus on what's good. That which makes us happy, and what makes us forget about the everyday drag.
For me, that outlet has always been sports. So enough of the dreary outlook, let me give thanks.
I am thankful for:
- The Tasmanian Devil, Troy Polamalu. I remember what it was like without you last year. Thank you for being healthy!
- The splenectomy. Thanks to the Doctors who were able to perform this procedure on Ryan Clark. Now I don't have to see Anthony Smith and Tyrone Carter blowing coverages.
- Ike Taylor. You have been the biggest bright spot of the depleted corners. After being banished under the Cowher regime, you have taken this second chance and flourished.
- Silverback Security Squad. James, one of your teammates said that "you are so mean that you don't even like yourself." That's okay, James, we all like you.
- Larry Foote. For being a real man. This story always touches me. And this one. You are a true man, and you should get more publicity then some of the "boys" in professional sports.
- Potsy - Mr. Farrior, you are a stud and a superior team leader.
- Lamarr Woodley - For providing the best sack tandem we have seen in Pittsburgh since Lloyd/Greene.
- Aaron Smith - You are the most underrated defensive lineman in the sport, bar none.
- Big Snack - Thank you for not coming to my house on Thanksgiving.
- Hines Ward - For being the beacon of stability throughout your entire career. You are an elite receiver.
- Justin Hartwig - For being the only stable force on our offensive line. And it is offensive. Attention Mr. Colbert: Get him a contract extension.
- Mewelde Moore - Where the heck would we be without you?
- Big Ben - For surviving an assault that can only be compared to "The Mother of All Battles."
- And finally, to Zander and the crew for giving me a venue to opine.
Finish strong, men. This fan is enjoying the ride, and is thankful. See you in Pittsburgh on Dec. 7. And if I can ask for one more thing, please beat the Cowboys!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?