Daily Linkin Longs:Hammering Hank
As always we welcome in Justin from the Bad News Bloggers with his Daily Linkin Logs. Always fun, always entertaining.
If you didn't already know, Hammerin' Hank...wait, no Hal Steinbrenner will be taking (officially) the place of George (or perhaps simply Larry David) as Yankees Chairman (and partial owner).
Hal has actually been more involved with the team, namely from a financial aspect (he's got the brains), while brother Hank has been more focused on the baseball side of things. There's no doubt that Hank will take the place as family "Boss" when his father passes.
And it's almost a sad day for baseball. And in a Charles Wilson-esque utterence (former GM CEO), George once declared "What's good for the Yankees is good for baseball." And to some extent that's true (and perhaps the Red Sox too).
George hasn't passed yet, but you can sense, between Hank and Hal, that his fate is sealed and Baseball will lose another figure. But what Steinbrenner has done, overseen baseball's most powerful franchise reach a climax in popularity, both in the city and the game, is something that may in fact be "Hall of Fame" worthy.
And it didn't take Hal long to act. After offering CC Sabathia a contract (projected to be upwards of $137.5 million), Hal threatened not to take flack from anyone:
"We've made him an offer. It's not going to be there forever," - Hal Steinbrenner
And with that, the new Yankees era seems an awful lot like the old one. The Yankees won't play second fiddle (or 2nd choice) to the Dodgers or anybody.
- Another ding in the Dallas armor, Felix Jones is done for the year. All of the sudden, letting Julius walk doesn't seem so smart and I really can't see Marion Barber III capably handling (his style of play and) a full load through the playoffs. Of course Dallas has to get there first...
- After the "Bunk at the Bank," Allen Huber "Bud" Selig has moved to change the rule. All World Series games will soon be required to go the full 9. I can't imagine a scenario where this doesn't get approved.
- Was Bill Simmons flying your plane? Seriously, how does this happen?
- Tracer Bullet of EC wants the McNabb hating to stop.
- So? Should the Pistons have also tried to get KG suspended?
- The whole Chad Johnson (Ocho Cinco...whatever) thing has really gotten out of hand and overblown. The Orlando Sentinal's blog has the scoop. Apparently Cinco was late to a meeting, and when he finally came, he was very "laid back" to say the least. The result was arguments between him, a staffer and eventually Marvin Lewis. Chad was punished by not playing last night...end of story
- Miami pwned on almost 500 yard of rushing by GT...wow
- And finally, at this point, if you're a Lions fan, is this what you're thinking...really? Well, if you need something, I guess this is it...
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?