Top Ten Teams
1) Texas Tech- Don't make the Miami reservations just yet though.
2) Alabama- Did what it took to win, the sign of a champion.
3) Utah-They just keep winning.
4) Boise-Won by 35, could have been 75.
5) Ball State-Making it look easy.
6) Texas-The Horns seem to have it rolling again.
7) Oklahoma-Their games are over in the 1st quarter.
8) USC-A lot of talk about a great D, how much of it is the offenses they are playing?
9) Florida-Can someone explain again how they lost to Ole Miss at home?
10) Ohio State- The Buckeyes were dominating in Evanston.
Top Ten Games I Watched This Week
1) Alabama 27, LSU 21 (OT)-The best games tend to happen when the teams don't like each other.
2) Utah 13, TCU 10 -How can you blame a kicker when you get inside the 20 6 times and walk away with 10 points?
3) Iowa 24, Penn State 23- Games like this make the casual fan become the hardcore fan.
4) Cincinnati 26, West Virginia 23- The Bearcats have a chance to go to a big bowl.
5) Georgia 42, Kentucky 38-Games like this are worth the price of a season of Gameplan.
6) Rutgers 35, Syracuse 17- This was actually a comeback.
7) Wyoming 13, Tennessee 7 - Things are rock bottom at Rocky Top.
8) Texas Tech 56, Oklahoma State 20- The excitement alone was amazing.
9) Florida State 41, Clemson 27- I actually thought the Noles were done early.
10) Western Michigan 23, Illinois 17-Not as big of an upset as a lot of people think.
Top Ten Big Winners From This Week
1) Texas Tech - A lot of doubters just left the building.
3) Barack Obama - I think he won something and whether you backed him or not we all back America.
4) Iowa Fans - It's wins like that you remember for the rest of your life.
5) Utah - last time they went to the BCS they played an also ran, this time they may play a powerhouse.
6) Joe Calzaghe - This guy makes it look so easy.
7) Florida Gators - They keep dropping in front of them.
8) Cincinnati Bearcats - Got to love a team that loves to hit.
9) Wyoming - Epic win on the road for the Cowboys.
10) Tommy Tubberville - If they would have lost to Tennessee-Martin it would have been a disaster.
Top Ten Teams That Stink
1) Washington State-Big deal, they covered a 41 point spread.
2) Washington-A once proud program now a regular on this list.
3) Western Kentucky-One win against a D-1 team in their history.
4) North Texas State-Congrats, you moved down 3 spots.
5) Utah State- Not even fun to watch.
6) Texas A&M- A laughing stock.
7) Tennessee- I almost put Wyoming here.
8) Wyoming-Move down a spot with yesterday's win.
9) Indiana- Not good.
10) San Diego State-This team has some serious issues.
Top Ten Things My Wife Got Accomplished Before I Even Managed To Get Off Of The Couch
1) Yoga - I have to try that one of these days.
2) Shopping - Explain it to me again: How did we save $220 dollars by spending $700?
3) Power Walk - She throws on the Ipod and heads for the shores of Lake Michigan.
4) 37 Phone Calls - All while doing something else.
5) Manicure - Do they get these every day?
6) Paid the Bills - She does all of the organizational things around here.
7) Watched 3 Tivo'd episodes of Oprah - I would love to be a guest of hers someday.
8) More Shopping - This college football thing is getting expensive.
9) Got the Pizza - What's a Saturday of college football without Chicago pizza?
10) Planning - I'm not sure what I agreed to because I was focused in on the games, but I'm sure i'll find out soon enough.
Top Ten Players That Got it Done
1) Daniel Murray (Iowa)- A day he will never forget.
2) A.J. Green (Georgia)- I thought Stafford was throwing that ball away.
3) Brian Johnson (Utah)-Got it done when they needed it most.
4) Tony Pike (Cincinnati)-Could have easily packed it in.
5) Tim Tebow (Florida)- I thought he was hurt?
6) Graham Harrell (Texas Tech)- If that was a let down game I hate to see what they are really capable of.
7) Chase Clement (Rice)- New Conference USA TD record holder.
8) Vai Taua (Nevada) - 263 rushing yards on national TV.
9) Nick Sheridan (Michigan) - Steps in and gets a big win for the program.
10) Beanie Wells (Ohio State)- Really looks like a man among boys out there.
Top Ten Nicknames I Have To Look Up In The Dictionary
1) Utah Utes- I thought it came from Joe Pesci's character in My Cousin Vinnie.
2) Akron Zips-No clue on this one.
3) Central Michigan Chippewas-A little help?
4) Virginia Tech Hokies-I looked it up and it isn't there.
5) Idaho Vandals-Were muggers and thieves taken?
6) Western Kentucky Hilltoppers-What are they talking about?
7) Iowa Hawkeyes-Spell check hates it; usually means it isn't a real word.
8) Penn State Nittany Lions- Nittany? Say what?
9) Virginia Cavaliers- I get the Cav thing but what's all this Wahoo stuff? I thought that was a fish.
10) Syracuse Orangemen-True story: I like carrots and when I eat too many I turn Orange for a week.
Top Ten Favorite Sports Movies
1) Hoosiers- Still the best.
2) Caddyshack-Still funny.
3) Slapshot-Paul Newman said it was his favorite movie he ever made.
4) Remember the Titans-Some great stuff.
5) Rocky-Yo, this won the Oscar.
6) Raging Bull-DeNiro at his best.
7) The Longest Yard-The original, not the remake.
8) Rudy-The end still gets me.
9) Breaking Away-Refund? Refund?
10) When We Were Kings-If you can just see one sports movie ever, this is the one.
Top Ten Guys Our NFL Friends Are Going To Love Someday
1) Michael Crabtree-If they like Randy Moss, wait until they see this guy.
2) Terrance Cody-Can change an entire offensive scheme.
3) Beanie Wells- Will be a Mr. Dependable for someone.
4) Percy Harvin- Will be loved the way Devin Hester is loved here in Chicago.
5) Sean Spence-This Freshman could start on any NFL team right now.
6) Joe McKnight-The most talented of a very talented bunch.
7) Mike Mickens- Just looks silky smooth.
8) Julio Jones-A game changer, SEC fans think the sooner he goes the better.
9) Knowshawn Moreno-An Acrobat.
10) Rey Maualuga-Not just a great player, a great leader.
Top Ten Games For Next Week
1) South Carolina at Florida- Spurrier has his team playing well.
2) USC at Stanford- Payback?
3) Virginia Tech at Miami-It's an exciting time to be a Canes fan.
4) Cal at Oregon State-It's this kind of week when this game is #4.
5) Central Michigan at Northern Illinois-Should be a good game.
6) Ohio State at Illinois-Another "payback" game.
7) Notre Dame at Navy- The traditionalist special.
8) Texas at Kansas- I smell a ton of scoring.
9) Mississippi State at Alabama- I like hard hitting so this one suits me fine.
10) Minnesota at Wisconsin-It's time for Paul Bunyon's Axe to find it's home for the year.
See Mitch's articles and more anytime at The College Football Place