Top Ten Teams
1) Texas Tech- Don't make the Miami reservations just yet though.
2) Alabama- Did what it took to win, the sign of a champion.
3) Utah-They just keep winning.
4) Boise-Won by 35, could have been 75.
5) Ball State-Making it look easy.
6) Texas-The Horns seem to have it rolling again.
7) Oklahoma-Their games are over in the 1st quarter.
8) USC-A lot of talk about a great D, how much of it is the offenses they are playing?
9) Florida-Can someone explain again how they lost to Ole Miss at home?
10) Ohio State- The Buckeyes were dominating in Evanston.
Top Ten Games I Watched This Week
1) Alabama 27, LSU 21 (OT)-The best games tend to happen when the teams don't like each other.
2) Utah 13, TCU 10 -How can you blame a kicker when you get inside the 20 6 times and walk away with 10 points?
3) Iowa 24, Penn State 23- Games like this make the casual fan become the hardcore fan.
4) Cincinnati 26, West Virginia 23- The Bearcats have a chance to go to a big bowl.
5) Georgia 42, Kentucky 38-Games like this are worth the price of a season of Gameplan.
6) Rutgers 35, Syracuse 17- This was actually a comeback.
7) Wyoming 13, Tennessee 7 - Things are rock bottom at Rocky Top.
8) Texas Tech 56, Oklahoma State 20- The excitement alone was amazing.
9) Florida State 41, Clemson 27- I actually thought the Noles were done early.
10) Western Michigan 23, Illinois 17-Not as big of an upset as a lot of people think.
Top Ten Big Winners From This Week
1) Texas Tech - A lot of doubters just left the building.
3) Barack Obama - I think he won something and whether you backed him or not we all back America.
4) Iowa Fans - It's wins like that you remember for the rest of your life.
5) Utah - last time they went to the BCS they played an also ran, this time they may play a powerhouse.
6) Joe Calzaghe - This guy makes it look so easy.
7) Florida Gators - They keep dropping in front of them.
8) Cincinnati Bearcats - Got to love a team that loves to hit.
9) Wyoming - Epic win on the road for the Cowboys.
10) Tommy Tubberville - If they would have lost to Tennessee-Martin it would have been a disaster.
Top Ten Teams That Stink
1) Washington State-Big deal, they covered a 41 point spread.
2) Washington-A once proud program now a regular on this list.
3) Western Kentucky-One win against a D-1 team in their history.
4) North Texas State-Congrats, you moved down 3 spots.
5) Utah State- Not even fun to watch.
6) Texas A&M- A laughing stock.
7) Tennessee- I almost put Wyoming here.
8) Wyoming-Move down a spot with yesterday's win.
9) Indiana- Not good.
10) San Diego State-This team has some serious issues.
Top Ten Things My Wife Got Accomplished Before I Even Managed To Get Off Of The Couch
1) Yoga - I have to try that one of these days.
2) Shopping - Explain it to me again: How did we save $220 dollars by spending $700?
3) Power Walk - She throws on the Ipod and heads for the shores of Lake Michigan.
4) 37 Phone Calls - All while doing something else.
5) Manicure - Do they get these every day?
6) Paid the Bills - She does all of the organizational things around here.
7) Watched 3 Tivo'd episodes of Oprah - I would love to be a guest of hers someday.
8) More Shopping - This college football thing is getting expensive.
9) Got the Pizza - What's a Saturday of college football without Chicago pizza?
10) Planning - I'm not sure what I agreed to because I was focused in on the games, but I'm sure i'll find out soon enough.
Top Ten Players That Got it Done
1) Daniel Murray (Iowa)- A day he will never forget.
2) A.J. Green (Georgia)- I thought Stafford was throwing that ball away.
3) Brian Johnson (Utah)-Got it done when they needed it most.
4) Tony Pike (Cincinnati)-Could have easily packed it in.
5) Tim Tebow (Florida)- I thought he was hurt?
6) Graham Harrell (Texas Tech)- If that was a let down game I hate to see what they are really capable of.
7) Chase Clement (Rice)- New Conference USA TD record holder.
8) Vai Taua (Nevada) - 263 rushing yards on national TV.
9) Nick Sheridan (Michigan) - Steps in and gets a big win for the program.
10) Beanie Wells (Ohio State)- Really looks like a man among boys out there.
Top Ten Nicknames I Have To Look Up In The Dictionary
1) Utah Utes- I thought it came from Joe Pesci's character in My Cousin Vinnie.
2) Akron Zips-No clue on this one.
3) Central Michigan Chippewas-A little help?
4) Virginia Tech Hokies-I looked it up and it isn't there.
5) Idaho Vandals-Were muggers and thieves taken?
6) Western Kentucky Hilltoppers-What are they talking about?
7) Iowa Hawkeyes-Spell check hates it; usually means it isn't a real word.
8) Penn State Nittany Lions- Nittany? Say what?
9) Virginia Cavaliers- I get the Cav thing but what's all this Wahoo stuff? I thought that was a fish.
10) Syracuse Orangemen-True story: I like carrots and when I eat too many I turn Orange for a week.
Top Ten Favorite Sports Movies
1) Hoosiers- Still the best.
2) Caddyshack-Still funny.
3) Slapshot-Paul Newman said it was his favorite movie he ever made.
4) Remember the Titans-Some great stuff.
5) Rocky-Yo, this won the Oscar.
6) Raging Bull-DeNiro at his best.
7) The Longest Yard-The original, not the remake.
8) Rudy-The end still gets me.
9) Breaking Away-Refund? Refund?
10) When We Were Kings-If you can just see one sports movie ever, this is the one.
Top Ten Guys Our NFL Friends Are Going To Love Someday
1) Michael Crabtree-If they like Randy Moss, wait until they see this guy.
2) Terrance Cody-Can change an entire offensive scheme.
3) Beanie Wells- Will be a Mr. Dependable for someone.
4) Percy Harvin- Will be loved the way Devin Hester is loved here in Chicago.
5) Sean Spence-This Freshman could start on any NFL team right now.
6) Joe McKnight-The most talented of a very talented bunch.
7) Mike Mickens- Just looks silky smooth.
8) Julio Jones-A game changer, SEC fans think the sooner he goes the better.
9) Knowshawn Moreno-An Acrobat.
10) Rey Maualuga-Not just a great player, a great leader.
Top Ten Games For Next Week
1) South Carolina at Florida- Spurrier has his team playing well.
2) USC at Stanford- Payback?
3) Virginia Tech at Miami-It's an exciting time to be a Canes fan.
4) Cal at Oregon State-It's this kind of week when this game is #4.
5) Central Michigan at Northern Illinois-Should be a good game.
6) Ohio State at Illinois-Another "payback" game.
7) Notre Dame at Navy- The traditionalist special.
8) Texas at Kansas- I smell a ton of scoring.
9) Mississippi State at Alabama- I like hard hitting so this one suits me fine.
10) Minnesota at Wisconsin-It's time for Paul Bunyon's Axe to find it's home for the year.
See Mitch's articles and more anytime at The College Football Place
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!