Yeah, I said it. Tyler Thigpen . It was popular to hate on him when he first got the start in Kansas City. We all expected Daunte Culpepper to sign with the Chiefs and immediately take Thigpen’s job away.
Luckily for Thigpen, Culpepper knew he was going to be able to crush Dan Orlovsky's thumb in a handshake to steal the starting job.
Throwing for 164 yards and a touchdown with 22 yards rushing, Thigpen wasn’t the most impressive stat line from this weekend, but he was helped by a 37-yard TD grab on a trick play to end up tied for the top score in fantasy with Kurt Warner and Chris Johnson . Who knew?
No, really. Who? I want names because this shouldn’t be happening.
Unfortunately, the Bucs came back to win it 30-27. The Bucs' defense just doesn’t play the first half anymore.
Thigpen’s played solid football for the last two weeks, and he might actually be worth starting in fantasy football (in an emergency spot), if he can minimize mistakes. His schedule isn’t the most difficult one a QB has to face in the last half of the season.
For his talented catch and score, Thigpen takes home the Dude …Award for this week and a shiny penny to rub each time he wishes for the Chiefs not to draft a QB in the first round this offseason.
Players falling just short of dude -ism:
- Jamaal Charles , RB Chiefs — 106 yards rushing, but dude …his teammate showed him up this week.
- Antonio Bryant , WR Buccaneers — 8 passes for 115 yards and a score, but dude …he almost lost to the Chiefs.
- Tim Hightower , RB Cardinals — 109 yards rushing and a score, but dude …to quote the illustrious Pacman Jones, “It’s the Rams.”
- Derrick Mason , WR Ravens — Nine passes for 136 yards and a score, but dude …he was second in the running but just didn’t make the cut. Try passing the ball as well next time, Mason.
- Ray Rice , RB Ravens — 154 yards rushing, three passes for 22 yards receiving, but dude …Cam Cameron made him do it. He really did.
- Donald Driver , WR Packers — Seven passes for 136 yards receiving and a score, but dude …old faithful’s day was more likely than Thigpen’s. Lightning striking me on my lunch break was more likely, too.
- Chris Johnson , RB Titans — 89 yards rushing and score, 6 passes for 72 yards receiving, but dude …isn’t the rookie of the year enough to reward this kid? We saw this coming.
- Matt Forte , RB Bears — 126 yards rushing, one pass for five yards, but dude …yardage just won’t cut it against the Lions.
- Cedric Benson , RB Bengals — 104 yards and a score, one pass for five yards, but dude …he creeps me out with his scoring line eerily similar to Forte’s this week.
- Owen Daniels , TE Texans — 11 passes for 133 yards, but dude …the Texans now have one of the most potent passing offenses in football. We expected it from you, Daniels.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?