NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Jared McCain's Playoff Career-High 🗣️

UFC 132 Aftermath: Brian Bowles Calls out Dominick Cruz

Andrew BarrJul 6, 2011

Both Brian Bowles and Dominick Cruz were in action at UFC 132 this past Saturday.

Bowles competed on the undercard, defeating Takeya Mizugaki by unanimous decision. It was the first time in Brian's career that he went to a decision.

Cruz took part in the main event of the evening, defending his bantamweight championship again former featherweight champion Urijah Faber. Dominick won the fight via unanimous decision and retained his bantamweight belt.

TOP NEWS

UFC Freedom 250 Press Conference

UFC Unveils White House Renderings

Fox's "Special Forces" Red Carpet

Manziel-Menery Fight Details 📝

UFC 264: Poirier v McGregor 3

UFC 6 Reveals 5-Star Fighter Ratings

In between rounds of his fight with Mizugaki, Brian could be heard telling his corner that he thought his hand was broken. Bowles fought through the potential injury, but fought more tentatively than fans are used to seeing.

According to MMAfighting.com, Bowles found out this Tuesday that his hand is not broken. His manager Andrew F. Beach talked about the injury.

"It's not broken," he said. "There is some injury as anyone could tell from the swelling that followed, but the big thing was it's not broken, so whatever it is shouldn't keep him out for long."

Now that Brian knows his injury is not serious, him and his management are looking for a title fight against Dominick Cruz.

Cruz and Bowles have fought before for the bantamweight championship. Cruz won the bout when Bowles failed to answer the bell for the third round, due to a broken hand.

Bowles has won two straight fights since then and, as far as his management is concerned, he is ready for another shot.

"My position is, I don't even understand really why there is a question," he said. "When you go back and look at what's happened in UFC and WEC, whenever the champ lost, he got a rematch within a fight or two, as long as he's winning. Look back at Bowles' record up until he faced Cruz. That fight ended with a broken hand. History has kind of rewritten itself that Cruz finished it. But the only thing that happened is he won the first two rounds against someone with a broken hand. I'm not saying he wouldn't have won, but Brian could've knocked him out or submitted him somewhere in the last three rounds.

"Since then, he's finished Damacio Page in a submission of the night, and then he comes comes back and beats a tough Mizugaki. It's almost a little disrespectful to even question why Mighty Mouse in there. People are so used to seeing Brian finish and he wasn't able to do it, but it was still a solid win. He deserves it."

Bowles is in a good position for a title shot, but so is fellow bantamweight contender Demetrious Johnson. Both fighters are 10-1.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship has given no word yet as to who Dominick's next opponent will be.

Jared McCain's Playoff Career-High 🗣️

TOP NEWS

UFC Freedom 250 Press Conference

UFC Unveils White House Renderings

Fox's "Special Forces" Red Carpet

Manziel-Menery Fight Details 📝

UFC 264: Poirier v McGregor 3

UFC 6 Reveals 5-Star Fighter Ratings

Charity Day 2024 Hosted by The Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund at Cantor

McGregor 'Better Than Ever'

Netflix's Ronda Rousey vs. Gina Carano

Ronda Officially Retires 🫡

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released
Bleacher Report6h

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released

Family says NASCAR star's death occurred after 'severe pneumonia progressed into sepsis' (AP)

TRENDING ON B/R