Hey Jazz fans I'm planning on this being a weekly or bi-weekly column on any and all thoughts that pop into my head about the Utah Jazz and the NBA in general. Please leave some comments to let me know what you think as well as any ideas on how to improve the column and make it more enjoyable for all the Jazz maniacs.
- I can just smell the leather and hardwood in the air. The preseason is over and it's time to get serious. In the immortal words of Antoine Carr "Show me the title".
- This Jazz team looks like it's going to be one of the most exciting yet. The pure athleticism on the wings and at SF will give most other NBA teams fits. Ronnie Brewer and CJ Miles look great playing together and seem to compliment each other.
- Hopefully Deron Williams is back by the first game against Denver. If not though, I feel that Ronnie Price is better this year than last and has grown into a true Point Guard. He was always a shot first guard but he has learned that pass first mentality here in Utah under Coach Sloan. Breathe easy Jazz fans we'll be okay to start the season.
- If AK 47 can play this season like he did in the final pre-season game look out Lakers and the rest of the west. He looked like that former All-Star coming off the bench. Steals, blocked shots, tipped passes, assists, it was all there. I like this experiment with Andrei off the bench. Can you say Sixth man of the Year?
- For once I think we finally have someone who can knock Jarron Collins out of that back-up center spot in Kosta Koufos. Against the Trailblazers he made nice passes and had a great looking touch on his shot. Rumor is he is a hard worker and has already impressed Jerry Sloan.
- Paul "Hound Dog" Millsap. Why the new nickname you ask? This guy never stops moving and he seems to have a nose for the ball. Loose balls mean look out for #24 cause he'll around somewhere. He always seems to sniffing out loose balls. I hope we can keep him after this year.
- Do any of you remember the last time you saw a Jazz opponent have four shot clock violations in the same game. I don't and if Utah can play defense this season like they did in the second half against Portland then will got a shot at home court advantage throughout the playoffs.
- Is it just me or does Brevin Knight have the biggest forehead on the Jazz. What? I said any and all random thoughts.
- Does anyone else have to sit there and listen to their wife swoon over Kyle Korver. It's a good thing he can shoot the lights out or I'd have to led a demonstration outside the ESA demanding his trade.
Well thats it for this week. Let me know what you all think.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!