NBA SEASON PREVEIW : THE BEST OF THE WEST
Here it is Part II of the NBA Season Preview and Predictions. In part II you will find a preview of the western conference.
1) Houston Rockets: The Houston Rockets made a huge addition this year by adding Ron Artest. Ron Artest is a great defensive player who can teach the younger players on the team a few things when it comes to guarding some of the best players in the NBA. With a healthy Tracey Mcgrady the rockets will be the team to beat in the west, also returning is Yao Ming who gets better every year. Players to watch: Shane Battier and Luther Head
2) New Orleans Hornets: Expect the hornets to pick up where they left off last year. They have the best Point Guard in all of basketball running the court. Chris Paul is my choice for league MVP this year. Chris displays great attitude on and off the court and is true leader for this Hornet's team. The Hornets have a solid bench of guys that play smart basketball. Players to watch: James Posey (great year with the Celts in 07') Tyson Chandler and David West
3) San Antonio Spurs: Lets Face it Tim Duncan is getting older and his stock is dropping along with his stats, he is still a dominant player but is not playing like he did 2 or 3 years ago. Soon Tony Parker will be the face of the spurs and not Tim Duncan. The spurs will have a good year but you won’t see a repeat of past performances. Players to watch:Matt Bonner , Devin Green and Fabricio Oberto
4)Dallas Mavericks: With a new Coach of Rick Carlisle stepping in the mavericks seem to be heading in a new direction. Dirk Nowitzki needs to step up his game and become the leader of this team. Mark Cuban has made it clear he would be willing to dump a coach(Avery Johnson) to keep his superstar player happy. If Dirk can play at an MVP like level like he has in the past then my prediction for the mavericks in the 4th spot will be wrong they will be at the top. Jason Kidd is washed up and is past his prime, he is more of a back up point guard than anything. Jason Terry is overrated and Josh Howard is immature and needs to learn how to stop putting his foot in his mouth. Until these guys start acting like basketball players and not spoiled thug kids they will continue there downward slope. Players to watch: Gerald Green , Shawne Williams and Brandon Bass
5)Memphis Grizzlies: A young team at the beginning of a rebuilding process. Rudy Gay is the star of this team which means the grizzlies are in trouble this year. Look for them to be in last place the only thing that will have people tuning or showing up to a Memphis basketball game is to see there young talent OJ Mayo play. Players to watch: Kyle Lowry , Javaris Crittenton and Mike Conley
1)Denver Nuggets: This is the year Carmello will put up career numbers. The nuggets are a team with a lot of depth and veterans that play good basketball. This team is solid up and down and will be one of the top teams this year in the west. Players to watch: Renaldo Balkman , Linas Kleiza and Steven Hunter
2) Utah Jazz : The Lineup the Jazz will put on the floor this year is filled with talent. There top 5 players are Deron Williams, Andrei Kirilenko, Carlos Boozer , Mehmet Okur and Kyle Korver and that is a straight up nasty lineup rite there. They also have Ronnie Brewer who will be the 6th man of the year for the west. Players to watch: Brevin Knight and Morris Almond (another young talented piece of the puzzle for the Utah Franchise)
3)Portland Trail Blazers: The Portland Tail Blazers have had so many top picks in the NBA draft over the last ten years that some day soon that talent will bring a nba finals game to the Portland Area and possibly a championship. This is not the year the Blazers will do that but they are definitely improved and only a few steps away from that goal. With young array of talent (Greg Oden ,Brandon Roy , Channing frye and Lamrcus Aldridge) the only thing that stands in there way is team chemistry and communication. Players to watch: Ike Diogu , Travis Outlaw and Rudy Fernandez
4)Minnesota Timber wolves: Much like the trailblazers the wolves are young team. The Wolves could be this years Tampa Bay Rays. A team with a lot of young talent and cant seem to get out of the rut. This could be a surprise year for basketball fans in Minnesotathe T-wolves could be your surprise team this year. Corey Brewer who had great success in college needs to bring that expiernce over to the NBA. "Big" Al Jefferson is a superstar and is the face of the this Minnesota team he puts up great numbers and gets better every year he could play a huge role in getting the Wolves in the playoffs. Players to watch: Ryan Gomes , Randy Foye and Kevin Love
5)Oklahoma City Thunder (for the record I like the "outlaws" name better): This team will be built around Kevin Durant but is not experienced enough to succeed right now. Players to watch: Jeff Green , Chris Wilcox and DJ White
1) Phoenix Suns: Will the suns be as successful with out Mike D'Antoni ? Will this be the year Amare gets back to form? Will Steve Nash have another MVP type year? Will Shaq be a contributor this year? The Answer to all these Questions: YES.. The suns will take the pacific there experienced and play basketball well,they are a fine tuned machine. Players to Watch : Robin Lopez and Matt Barnes
2) LA Lakers: One name Kobe Bryant ! A returning cast of the team that got to the finals last year (Gasol and Odom) and a healthy Andrew Bynum Spells Big Trouble for opposing teams in the western conference. Players to watch : Trevor Ariza and Jordan Farmar
3) LA Clippers: The Clippers have a good mix of veterans and young guns. With the addition of Baron Davis they should remain a good team. They Lost Elton Brand but have enough depth that it will not create a big void in the post (Marcus Camby,Tim Thomas and Al Thornton).Expect a big year from Al Thornton as he will be a major factor in the Elton Brand loss. Players to watch : Eric Gordon and Cuttino Mobley
4)Golden State Warriors: My Prediction Don Nelson the 1st coach to be fired this year. The warriors are a good mix of talent with Al Harrington , Corey Maggette , Monta Ellis and Stephen Jackson it does not stop there they also have all stars in the making with Brandon Wright and Andris Biedrinis. Players to watch : Marcus Williams and Kelenna Azubuike
5)Sacramento Kings: They traded there best player (Ron Artest) for average bench players. They Do Not have a standout superstar and even there young talent is overrated and nothing special expect a crappy stellar performance from this team and look for them in the NBA draft lottery. Players to watch : Kevin Martin
5)New Orleans Hornets
7)San Antonio Spurs
10)Minnesota Timber Wolves
12)Golden State Warriors
15) OKC Thunder
MVP : Chris Paul
Rookie of the year: Kevin Love
western conference champions : Houston Rockets
ROCKETS VS CELTICS : CELTS IN 7
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?