October 20, 2008
Looking into my crystal ball, here are my 2009 NASCAR predictions.
- Jeff Gordon will start off strong with multiple wins or will contemplate retirement.
- Casey Mears will flourish at Richard Childress Racing. Look how the last driver that left Hendrick is doing.
- Dale Earnhardt, Inc. will partner with another team or face its demise by the end of the season.
- Joe Gibbs Racing will announce its fourth car driver by the end of the summer.
- Scott Speed will not be the next Kyle Busch. Contrary to what some people believe, he does not have the natural ability that Kyle does. This doesn't mean he can’t be just as great, but he'll need a few years under his belt.
- Ryan Newman and Tony Stewart will have their first feud by midseason.
- Roush Fenway Racing will drop McMurray by the end of the season, which will work out great for Jaime.
- Mark Martin will turn into an aggressive driver. This is his last shot at a championship!
- Dale Jr. fans will find someone else to be ticked off at. This Kyle Busch thing is getting old.
- Reed Sorenson will have to improve his stats to prove himself. If not, this may be is final Sprint Cup contract.
- Juan Pablo Montoya will get an awesome teammate, but his team will continue to fail him. Remember that fourth car at JGR.
- Dodge will make it into the Chase next year. I think Dodge was embarrassed and they will do what they need to be competitive.
- Kurt Busch will be back in the Chase thanks to Dodge and the new guys at Penske.
- Dale Jr. will win the 2009 Sprint Cup Championship.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!