India Cricket logoIndia Cricket

Cricket Quotes: Shane Warne,Yuvraj Singh,AB De Villiers and Others

Yuvraj Singh
Yuvraj SinghRitam Banerjee/Getty Images
Linus FernandesAnalyst IIApril 28, 2011

“I wanted to jump on MS and keep jumping on him”

Yuvraj Singh on his celebrations with Dhoni on winning the World Cup.

What he meant:

“I was overjoyed.”

“Dhoni’s a trampoline.”

“What he's produced tonight scares the hell out of me and hopefully will scare others going forward.”

RCB Coach Ray Jennings on Chris Gayle’s extraordinary opening act in this year’s IPL.

What he meant:

“If this is how he (Gayle) plays jet-lagged and after a scrap with the WICB, I wish he’d have them (scraps) every day.”

Scary Movie X, here come Gayle and RCB as starring cast.”

“It is like a sugar-free candy bar. Because it does the same thing. It tastes the same. But then there is always that one thing that's missing.”

Siddharth Mallya on the IPL without Lalit Modi.

What he meant:

“Lalit Modi’s the sugar missing from the IPL candy bar.”

“Lalit Modi’s my sugar daddy.”

“I really can't pin-point anything that we are doing wrong except for bad fielding, bad bowling and bad batting.”

A.B. De Villiers on the problems with theRoyal Challengers Bangalore team.

What he meant:

“We’re not playing cricket, really!”

“It was a team dare. Can we play worse than the television experts comment? I guess we did.”

“New Estee Lauder moisturisers for my skin have made a big difference.”

Shane Warne on his new rejuvenated appearance.

“It’s better than using old-fashioned Vaseline on the ball. It’s two for the price of one.”

“They’re actually borrowed from Liz (Hurley). I feel I need it more than her.”

“Estee Lauder have requested me to be their product spokesperson. (At least, not yet.)”

“I can’t say I’m looking older, can I? Never turn away a compliment, my mother always told me.”

“I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates!”

Tamim Iqbal on being selected to the Lords’ honour board.

“I’m richer than Bill Gates.”

All quotes sourced from http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/quote/index.html

Where can I comment?

Stay on your game

Latest news, insights, and forecasts on your teams across leagues.

Choose Teams
Get it on the App StoreGet it on Google Play

Real-time news for your teams right on your mobile device.

Download
Copyright © 2017 Bleacher Report, Inc. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All Rights Reserved. BleacherReport.com is part of Bleacher Report – Turner Sports Network, part of the Turner Sports and Entertainment Network. Certain photos copyright © 2017 Getty Images. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of Getty Images is strictly prohibited. AdChoices