Cricket Quotes: Shane Warne,Yuvraj Singh,AB De Villiers and Others

Cricket Quotes: Shane Warne,Yuvraj Singh,AB De Villiers and Others
Ritam Banerjee/Getty Images
Yuvraj Singh

“I wanted to jump on MS and keep jumping on him”

Yuvraj Singh on his celebrations with Dhoni on winning the World Cup.

What he meant:

“I was overjoyed.”

“Dhoni’s a trampoline.”

“What he's produced tonight scares the hell out of me and hopefully will scare others going forward.”

RCB Coach Ray Jennings on Chris Gayle’s extraordinary opening act in this year’s IPL.

What he meant:

“If this is how he (Gayle) plays jet-lagged and after a scrap with the WICB, I wish he’d have them (scraps) every day.”

Scary Movie X, here come Gayle and RCB as starring cast.”

Ritam Banerjee/Getty Images
The Mallyas and Kumble

“It is like a sugar-free candy bar. Because it does the same thing. It tastes the same. But then there is always that one thing that's missing.”

Siddharth Mallya on the IPL without Lalit Modi.

What he meant:

“Lalit Modi’s the sugar missing from the IPL candy bar.”

“Lalit Modi’s my sugar daddy.”

“I really can't pin-point anything that we are doing wrong except for bad fielding, bad bowling and bad batting.”

A.B. De Villiers on the problems with theRoyal Challengers Bangalore team.

Hagen Hopkins/Getty Images
Shane Warne

What he meant:

“We’re not playing cricket, really!”

“It was a team dare. Can we play worse than the television experts comment? I guess we did.”

“New Estee Lauder moisturisers for my skin have made a big difference.”

Shane Warne on his new rejuvenated appearance.

“It’s better than using old-fashioned Vaseline on the ball. It’s two for the price of one.”

“They’re actually borrowed from Liz (Hurley). I feel I need it more than her.”

“Estee Lauder have requested me to be their product spokesperson. (At least, not yet.)”

“I can’t say I’m looking older, can I? Never turn away a compliment, my mother always told me.”

“I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates!”

Tamim Iqbal on being selected to the Lords’ honour board.

“I’m richer than Bill Gates.”

All quotes sourced from http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/quote/index.html

Out of Bounds

Cricket

We will never share your email address

Thanks for signing up.