We are now two days away from the 2008-09 NHL season, and my hockey-crazed brother and I have begun work on our own fantasy hockey magazine, predicting the stats for every player on the starting roster of an NHL team.
We hope we can accurately predict most players' statistics, and we hope to help you with your fantasy hockey teams. A new article will be posted every couple of days at the most, and some teams will come even sooner. We will be doing this in alphabetical order.
I realize I have fallen a little behind on these due to my schedule, but the plan is to get a lot done during the four-day weekend I have this week. Hopefully I won't be finished to late into the season.
Montreal Canadiens 2008-09 Projected Lineup
Andrei Kostitsyn-Tomas Plekanec-Alexei Kovalev
Alex Tanguay-Saku Koivu-Chris Higgins
Guillaume Latendresse-Maxime Lapierre-Sergei Kostitsyn
Georges Laraque-Kyle Chipchura-Tom Kostopoulos
Andrei Markov-Mike Komisarek
Roman Hamrlik-Josh Gorges
Francis Bouillon-Ryan O’Byrne
Fantasy Stud: Alexei Kovalev
Last year was a great bounce-back year Kovalev, and he has good linemates to keep him on track this season.
Watch Out For: Saku Koivu
Not a bad season last year. but injuries are always a concern with him.
Individual Scoring Predictions for 2008-09
1. Alexei Kovalev 80-36-51-87
2. Tomas Plekanec 81-32-45-77
3. Andrei Kostitsyn 77-24-41-65
4. Alex Tanguay 76-21-42-63
5. Andrei Markov 80-12-43-55
6. Chris Higgins 77-24-30-54
7. Sergei Kostitsyn 75-19-32-51
8. Saku Koivu 70-11-35-46
9. Roman Hamrlik 80-8-26-34
10. Guillaume Latendresse 74-13-20-23
11. Mike Komisarek 82-6-17-23
12. Maxime Lapierre 71-6-17-23
13. Tom Kostopoulos 74-7-12-19
14. Kyle Chipchura 72-4-14-18
15. Ryan O’Byrne 77-2-13-15
16. Josh Gorges 73-2-10-12
17. Georges Laraque 71-1-11-12
18. Francis Bouillon 74-1-5-6
Carey Price 40-17-7 .922 SVP 2.28 GAA
Jaroslav Halak 9-6-3 .906 SVP 2.48 GAA
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!