We are now three days away from the first pitch of the NLCS between the L.A. Dodgers and the Philadelphia Phillies. Below are 20 predictions that I personally think will happen in this series. It should be a fun and competitive NLCS; I can't wait until Thursday.
1. The Dodgers will not sweep the Phillies, and the Phillies will not sweep the Dodgers.
2. Ryan Howard and Chase Utley will have at least two intentional walks each.
3. Manny Ramirez will have more than four intentional walks.
4. The Phillies' fans will boo players on both teams.
5. The Dodgers fans will throw at least two beach balls onto the field and boo the fan who did it.
6. Chase Utley will hit a home run and blow a bubble with his gum within three seconds of the ball leaving his bat.
7. Manny Ramirez will have an infield single...Charlie Hustle baby.
8. Charlie Manuel will walk from the dugout to the pitchers mound and have a sore neck the next day from bobbing it up and down so much.
9. Joe Torre will argue at least two calls and never raise his voice once...Then nod and walk back to the dugout.
10. Ryan Howard will hit a monster home run...And strike out at least eight times.
11. Manny Ramirez will hit at least two home runs and have an NLCS batting average over .450.
12. See No. 10 above...Same goes for Pat Burrell.
13. Matt Kemp will have one game where he goes 3-or-4-for-5 and crushes the ball everywhere. Then the next game he will go 0-for-4 with three strikeouts.
14. Rafael Furcal will have at least two bunt base hits and score from first on an extra-base hit from Martin or Manny.
15. Jayson Werth will make the Dodgers pay a few times...
16. Derek Lowe will earn at least one win.
17. Brad Lidge will earn a one-two-three inning save.
18. There will be one easy win for each team. Phillies Game Four and Dodgers Game Three.
19. NLCS MVP will go to Derek Lowe and/or Andre Ethier.
20. The Dodgers win in six!
Hope you enjoyed it!
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!