The New York Mets: Bullet Points for March 27, 2011
If there’s one thing that I know about the New York Mets, it's that there is always drama. So, every once in a while, I’ll throw out some random observations during the course of the season and see if you guys feel the same way. Here are some bullet points, with less than a week remaining in spring training.
- I was just thinking about this: How does Sandy Alderson pick up a guy in Ronnie Paulino who is currently under suspension for drug use, which means he missed the final 42 games of last season, and he now has bloodwork issues? This one appeared to be a bad deal from the start. Mike Nickeas had a rough spring at the plate, so the backup catching situation behind Josh Thole does not look very good.
- Carlos Beltran still has not played a Major League spring training game since March 6. That’s not a good sign for your Opening Day right fielder. I’m probably not saying something we don’t already know here.
- If the Mets are going to have any kind of bullpen success, then Jason Isringhausen has to be healthy—at least for the most part this season.
- Even at this point in the spring, Jason Bay remains a huge question mark. You really don’t want to wait until the games count to find out if he is 100 percent. He sat out Saturday’s game against Atlanta with a stiff back.
- Mike Pelfrey got his last start before Friday’s season opener against the Marlins. He pitched a pretty good game against the Braves on Saturday, giving up only two runs in 5.2 innings. Can he carry that momentum into the regular season?
As I said, just some random thoughts heading into this last week of spring training. Take them for what you will. Time will answer a few questions, and also create a few more bullet points.
Korbid Thompson also has written pro wrestling articles on the Bleacher Report, including his latest, Black Stars of Professional Wrestling: Part II, a conversation with author Julian Shabazz.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?