Week 4 saw two undefeated teams fall leaving the NFL with only three teams without a chalk up in the loss column. The idle Giants benefit from this and move into first in my power rankings.
1.) New York Giants (3-0) +1 spot
- The Giants come out of the bye week without Plaxico Burress to face a banged up Seattle Seahawks. Looking like they will stay on top at the top of NFC East as well as the NFL.
2.) Tennessee Titans (4-0) +2 spots
- Defense is giving up just over 10 points a game. Rookie Chris Johnson and LenDale White have combined for 7 TDs giving the Titans a nice 1-2 combo.
3.) Washington Redskins (3-1) unranked
- Jason Cambell hasn't turned the ball over and it has led the Skins to three straight wins with two over quality opponents in the Saints and the upset over the Cowboys.
4.) Buffalo Bills (4-0) +2 spots
- Edwards is maturing before our eyes and will only get better with the continued improvement of the offensive line. The defense is getting strong consistent play. Should be 5-0 after visiting Arizona this week going into the bye.
5.) Dallas Cowboys (3-1) -4 spots
- Twenty plays ran with T.O.'s name being called, no touches for Felix Jones, and only 8 rushes for Marion Barber. The Cowboys deserved to lose against the Redskins.
6.) Carolina Panthers (3-1) unranked
- Jake Delhomme and Muhsin Muhammad looked revived and young again. With Steve Smith back and Carolina's defense, they could represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.
7.) Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1) +2 spots
- Knocked off a rookie-QB led Ravens team that came in undefeated with a solid defense. Roethlisberger played mediocre but came through when needed. The problem now is if Willie Parker can stay healthy after rookie Rashard Mendenhall's season ended.
8.) San Diego Chargers (2-2) +2 spots
- Phillip Rivers is playing great football at the QB position and RB Darren Sproles is filling in great when needed. If the defense picks it up and the offense keeps rolling so will the Chargers.
9.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1) unranked
- Veteran RBs Earnest Graham and Warrick Dunn are helping Tampa to a 130 rushing yards+ a game. Derrick Brooks is wreaks havoc on the field leading the 9th ranked defense in the NFL.
10.) Denver Broncos (3-1) -2 spots
- The only reason they are in the top ten is because their offense is that good. Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall are the most feared QB-WR tandem in the NFL right now. The defense on the other hand is horrible. They have given up 117 points including 33 to the previously 0-3 Chiefs.
Teams to Watch
Jacksonville Jaguars, Indianapolis Colts, and Philadelphia Eagles
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!