College Fantasy Football: WAC Pre-Spring Questions
Kent Nishimura/Getty Images
Here are some key college fantasy football questions to ponder as the WAC embarks on spring ball.
* Running back Robbie Rouse is back, but quarterback Ryan Cobourn and wide receiver Jamel Hamler are gone. Can Derek Carr (brother of former Bulldog QB Derek Carr) make an impact in his first year as a starter?
* Quarterback Bryant Moniz is one of only three returning offensive starters. Can the Rainbow Warriors put the pieces in place on the offensive line and at receiver quickly enough for next season? Keep an eye on practice reports for Darius Bright and Royce Pollard at wideout.
* Can the Vandals replace veteran quarterback Nathan Enderle? Brian Reader would seem to be next in line, but he could get a push from Taylor Davis and Logan Bushnell.
* Can Arizona State transfer Ryan Bass step in and make an early impact at running back?
* This is one quarterback battle to watch as the coaching staff does have the track record for putting together potent offenses. Last year was a mess. Can they find someone to get the job done? There are many names to watch this offseason: Tarik Hakmi, Colby Cameron, Zach Griffith, true freshman Nick Isham and redshirt freshman Taylor Burch.
* Is senior quarterback Tyler Lantrip ready to fill the shoes of perhaps the greatest player in school history (Colin Kaepernick)? He's served as Kaep's backup for the past few seasons so at the very least he should have a good working knowledge of the Pistol offense. If Lantrip struggles, keep an eye on rising redshirt freshman Cody Fajardo. He's the program's quarterback of the future.
* With Vai Taua off to play on Sundays, who will get the lion's share of carries in the Wolfpack's run-heavy attack? Mike Ball and Lampford Mark figure to be the two top options, but how will the carries be divvied out? And will Mark be ready to play in spring ball after suffering a late-season injury?
* The Aggies are going to miss dangerous playmaking QB Diondre Borel. They'll have a trio fighting for the starting job in Alex Hart, Jeremy Higgins and JUCO transfer Adam Kennedy.
Todd DeVries is the founder of CollegeFootballGeek.com, the nation's foremost authority on college fantasy football. Prolific and deadly accurate.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?