Top Ten Press Conference Stars
The press conference nowadays is part of the show, a spectacle within the spectacle. Phrases like: "We're talking about practice", or "PLAYOFFS???? I just hope we can win a game!!", have made this encounter one to look forward to for journalists and fans all across the sports universe. The best thing is no sport has an advantage over the other, all athletes are free to speak their minds. So here is the beginning of the top ten. Numbers 10 through 6. Tomorrow, the top five.
10) Rasheed Wallace- "Both teams played hard" is Wallace's signature phrase when one recalls his battles with the media. This because on one occasion he decided to attend the press conference only to avoid a fine, and his answer to every question was exactly that. "Sheed" was fined by the commissioner anyway.
9) Marat Safin- The now veteran Russian tennis star has always been known for his humor on and off the court. His antics are famous around the globe considering he has even pulled down his pants on the court in front of a packed stadium. His press conferences are not too different. For example, during this year's U.S Open, the powerful Russian spoke of foot faults and his struggle with the sport itself: "Im not playing because I'm starving to death and I need to do something for money, I want to enjoy, I don't want to fight, I don't want to shout, I just want to have a nice match, win or lose"
8) Terrell Owens- From crying, to promoting himself, to insulting others. That is Terrell Owens' press conference spectrum. He's like a chameleon in front of the microphone. One day he's angry, another he's religious and sentimental. He thanks the lord and kills Donovan McNabb. No one ever knows what to expect when "81" walks up to the mic and lets us into his own peculiar universe.
7) Jim Mora- Memories speak for themselves..."PLAYOFFS???? I just hope we can win a game!!!" is Mora's crowned jewel when one refers to his many many encounters with the media. From the beginning to the end of his NFL coaching career, Jim always gave us at least one funny rant a year: "And that was a disgraceful performance in my opinion. We threw that game. We gave it away by doing that. We gave them the friggin' game. In my opinion, that sucked. Ah. You know? You can't turn the ball over five times like that. Holy crap!"... enough said.
6) Ozzie Guillen- Cursing, a funny accent, and just good old fashioned anger characterize this Venezuelan media dream. Not a month goes by where Ozzie doesn't make the highlight reels for his comments and his already legendary potty mouth. Just his language and his always fiery personality would be enough for this top ten, but add a feisty spanish accent and you have a winner.
Stay tuned for the top 5...
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?