1. USC(3) – This is what I was waiting for, they blew out a very good Ohio State team. If the offensive line is going to play like this all year then this can be a very special season for the Men of Troy.
2. Oklahoma(4) – They are playing really well. Beating Cincy was a lot better than people will give them credit for. But I am still wondering what the defense will do against a really god offense.
3. Georgia(3) – Considering I did not drop Ohio State last week I cannot drop the Bulldogs for playing a a decidedly better team than Ohio. But still this has to irk some fans, the Gamecocks are not good enough to hang around with a supposed National Title contender.
4. Missouri(6) – The more this defense keeps playing well, the more this team looks like a Title contender.
5. Florida(5) – Beating Tennessee will be cool, but I am looking for the Gator defense to play better than the UCLA defense, since everyone has put them on the pedestal.
6. Texas(7) – This team is playing really well, but the pass defense (as usual) is hampering them from being truly great.
7. Ohio State(1) – Yeah they lost to USC big, but this is still probably the most talented team outside of Los Angeles (watch the 2009 NFL draft).
8. Wisconsin(8) – They are a healthy defense away from being a sleeper for the Title game.
9. Penn State(13) – That offense is really humming, and the defense has shown no effects of losing their best players.
10. LSU(8) – If that passing game would show me the ability to make plays when a defense is stopping the run, then I would be very glad to rank them higher.
11. Wake Forest(11) – They are not flashy, but they do not make mistakes, and they make their opponents pay dearly for their's.
12. Alabama(16) – They looked really good against Western Kentucky. I would just like them to be more consistent and play with that high level every week. Right now they might be the best team in the SEC West.
13. BYU(20) – This was an utter beat-down that makes the Washington game look even more confusing.
14. Texas Tech(14) – All I need from the Red Raiders is a great game against a decent FBS team. Next up: Umass.
15. South Florida(19) – This team has the athletes to run with just about anyone in the nation. The key is keeping their focus and confidence high, because when they are on they are dangerous.
16. Auburn(15) – Mississippi State might be a tough environment, but that is no excuse to only put up 3 points on them. The defense looks great, and that is not because of the game against the Bulldogs, more because of the game against Southern Miss.
17. Arizona State(12) – Maybe they were looking ahead to the Georgia game.
18. Oklahoma State(NR) – Raise your hand if you knew the Cowboys were averaging 50 points a game. And the best part is that the defense is playing lights out.
19. Kansas(10) – This was an odd game. Everything Kansas is good at went out the window. Todd Reesing threw and interception late in the game, and the team gave up a 20-3 lead.
20. East Carolina(21) – Tulane might turn out to be better than everyone thought. That is the same defense that gave Alabama fits.
21. Oregon(18) – Purdue is a decent team, but as good as Oregon is they should have been better in the beginning of the game. Losing the starting QB won't help
22. West Virginia(22) – There is still talent here, and every team they play needs to respect that.
23. Nebraska(NR) – They are firing on offense, and the defense is playing decent. This can be a very dangerous team in the Big 12 race.
24. Utah(24) – They should probably be higher, but there are a lot of mental mistakes going on. This is a very talented team.
25. Ole Miss(NR) – Mark my words this team will beat two of the top three teams in the West division.
ON THE RADAR
Coming In Hot:
Vanderbilt, Michigan St., Tulsa, Ball St., Kansas State, Air Force
Notre Dame, Troy, Uconn, Florida State, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Iowa
Clemson, Illinois, Tennessee, Pitt
Arizona, UCLA, Rutgers, Navy, Central Michigan, Cal