With Championship Week about to get under way with the Steelers and Panthers game (discuss game) in a couple of hours, here are some news and notes about quarterbacks and pass defenses:
- The Saints have allowed multi-touchdown passing games only twice this season: versus Baltimore last week and Atlanta in Week 3. With the exception of Week 1, Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan has thrown a touchdown in every game this season. In his past four games, however, Ryan has thrown for only 197, 205, 227 and 174 yards, respectively.
- Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco has thrown 20 touchdowns and only three interceptions since Week 3. On the road this season, Flacco has thrown seven of his eight interceptions and the Ravens head to Cleveland in Week 16. In his first matchup with the Browns (Week 3), however, Flacco threw three touchdowns and no interceptions.
- Rams rookie quarterback Sam Bradford, the top overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, has thrown no touchdowns and five interceptions in his past three games. In two of those three games, Bradford has thrown for less than 200 yards.
- Redskins quarterback Rex Grossman threw for 322 yards and four touchdowns in his debut as the team's starting quarterback. This week, the Redskins face the Jaguars, who have allowed the fourth-most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season.
- For a ninth consecutive game, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady had an interception-less game. During that span, he has thrown a total of 21 touchdowns.
- Eagles quarterback Michael Vick has thrown for 1956 yards (279 YPG) and 14 touchdowns while rushing for 426 yards (61 YPG) and seven touchdowns in his past seven games. In other words, he's scored 13 fantasy points per game from his rushing stats alone.
- Houston's Matt Schaub has thrown for 300-plus yards in three consecutive games and two-plus touchdowns in four consecutive games. In his past two games, Schaub has 116 combined pass attempts.
- Dallas quarterback Jon Kitna has four 300-yard games and five multi-touchdown games in nine games this season. With Tony Romo being placed on IR Tuesday, Kitna will get two more starts.
Here are my top ten fantasy quarterbacks for Week 16:
1. Michael Vick, Eagles (vs MIN)
2. Drew Brees, Saints (at ATL)
3. Tom Brady, Patriots (at BUF)
4. Peyton Manning, Colts (at OAK)
5. Philip Rivers, Chargers (at CIN)
6. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (vs NYG)
7. Matt Schaub, Texans (at DEN)
8. Joe Flacco, Ravens (at CLE)
9. Josh Freeman, Bucs (vs SEA)
10. Matt Ryan, Falcons (vs NO)
See our full top 25 quarterback rankings for Week 16.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!