This morning, we updated our fantasy rankings for Week 15.
Here are some notes on quarterbacks and pass defenses heading into this week's games:
- New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees became the first player in NFL history to throw for 20,000-plus yards and 150-plus touchdowns in his first five seasons with a new team.
- In Week 14, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers suffered a concussion, which puts his status for Week 15 against the Patriots in jeopardy.
- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has thrown for 300-plus yards in three consecutive games, two-plus touchdowns for six consecutive games and no interceptions in eight consecutive games.
- Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has thrown eight touchdowns in his first four games and eight touchdowns in his next nine. The difference, however, has been the interceptions: Zero in the first four games and 11 in the past nine games.
- San Diego's Philip Rivers has thrown 25-plus touchdowns in three consecutive seasons. He is the only Chargers quarterback to ever accomplish that feat.
- With three games to go, Jaguars quarterback David Garrard tied the franchise record for passing touchdowns in a season (20).
- Buffalo's Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown a touchdown pass in 14 straight games. That is the second-longest streak in franchise history, behind Jim Kelly's streak of 18 games.
- In his past two games, Denver's Kyle Orton has completed only 28 of 69 passes (41 percent) for 283 yards, no touchdowns and three interceptions.
Here are my top 10 fantasy quarterbacks for Week 15:
1. Tom Brady, Patriots (vs GB)
2. Drew Brees, Saints (at BAL)
3. Michael Vick, Eagles (at NYG)
4. Peyton Manning, Colts (vs JAX)
5. Philip Rivers, Chargers (vs SF)
6. Matt Ryan, Falcons (at SEA)
7. Matt Schaub, Texans (at TEN)
8. Jon Kitna, Cowboys (vs WAS)
9. Josh Freeman, Bucs (vs DET)
10. Joe Flacco, Ravens (vs NO)
See our full top 25 quarterback rankings for Week 15.