A must read from SportsHubLA: Kevin Craft’s performance on Monday as the three stages of a magician’s trick. Really creative, good stuff.
In Christopher Nolan’s 2006 film The Prestige, Michael Caine’s character, Cutter, describes the three stages of a magician’s trick: the pledge, the turn, and the prestige. On Monday night, UCLA quarterback Kevin Craft mystified the University of Tennessee with a magic act of his own, leading one of the most stirring second half transformations you may ever witness.
The Pledge: “The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird, or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course…it probably isn’t.”
I dig. Check out the rest here.
- La Bruin Lista—9/3/2008: Walker the No. 1 DC in the Country, Chow the No. 2 OC (0)
- UCLA No. 23 in the AP Poll, No. 26 in the Coaches Poll (0)
- “The Football Monopoly in Los Angeles is Officially Over” (4)
- It’s On (2)
- In the Bleachers Pac-10 Preview (0)
- A Pretty Ominous Sign (0)